Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
TrimDownClub 4 years ago

Hi, MaryCherry. This program is actually built on principles of managing diabetes, so you’re in the right place. You can get the most out of your menus by switching to the fully personal version of the Menu Planner application, where you can choose the foods you like while being guided toward the healthiest foods. Just click on the “My Food Choices” icon (an apple) in the toolbar above your menu.
The most reliable (and healthiest) way to give your body a boost in weight and sugar management is through physical activity. This is not just because of the extra energy it burns, but also because it protects and strengthens your most important fat-burning asset, muscle tissue.
If you are new to exercise, please let us know, and we can assist you with resources on getting started if you wish—note that you don’t have to dive headfirst into anything strenuous, and that there are helpful exercises to fit all ability levels and time schedules. Even just walking in place in front of the TV for the length of a sitcom is great—if you feel like you’re “out of shape,” just start with 5 minutes each time, and work your way up to 30 minutes, then twice per day if you need. The best results have been reported with mixing in weight training—again, it doesn’t have to be super strenuous, just something you can do on a regular basis. Even just lifting filled food cans in front of the TV counts. Another option is to mix up the rhythm by adding bursts of higher intensity movement to a steady aerobic regime. This can be something like 30 seconds of jogging or going uphill every 5 minutes during a regular walk.
Regardless of your situation, it is recommended to you discuss your plans with your health care provider to be sure any needed safety steps are taken. While you have his or her attention, it is a good idea to check into your thyroid health. Low function in the thyroid gland is common in diabetes, and can make weight loss tough – but can be easily treated.

MaryCherry59 4 years ago

I need to lose weight and get my levels down. Please help me with menu.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.