Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
snoopyplaysbass 10 years ago

Cantu,
My wife and I ride an E2 recumbent tandem bicycle. It could be that since we are basically in a sitting position, most of the workout goes into our legs and our legs show it. I also ride a standard mountain bike, but it doesn’t seem to give the same emphasis on the legs as the recumbent does. I’m not familiar with an Elliptical, but if you can vary the angle of your legs to its pedals, try experimenting. On walking: I’ve been sedentary for over two and a half years because I took and early retirement from the sheet metal industry and came back to finish a BS that I started in the early eighties – I graduated two weeks ago with a BS in Psychological Brain Science (WooHoo!) Anyway, I picked up about twenty-five extra pounds in my abdomen (my avatar picture was taken right after I finished my last final)and started walking one mile in the morning and one mile in the afternoon. As I have a history of hip joint degeneration on my mother’s side of the family, I don’t think that it would be wise to jog or run right from the start, so I’ve elected to walk until I lose enough not to put excessive stress on hip, knees, or ankles. Ease into a routine, eat what this group recommends and always know that the moral support is here when you need it.

diverchuck 10 years ago

Cantu – you’re on the right track. The biggest issue is going to be keeping the motivation. Just keep doing what you’re doing but keep in mind that nutrition plays a huge role in your goal. Stick to eating healthy as shown here and keep up the exercise. Every week, try to do a little more on the elliptical like adding a minute or two. Try not to do too much in the beginning because you can lose your motivation quickly. I would suggest that you skip the bike for now and do 15 minutes on the elliptical and add a minute on every workout. When you’re doing 30 minutes then you can switch to your bike to add variety. There really is no “quick” way. Just stay focused on your goal. Keep it up!

CANTU 10 years ago

Thanks for the Tips, But at the moment not able to do running too much stress on my knees. Going to increase my elliptical a little since it does give me good workout. Let see what happens in a month
going to take it day by day, and keep a positive mind tours my goal.

LaurenElyse 10 years ago

Hi Cantu!
Great work! For me, biking tends to bulk up my legs. The olyptical or walking with some intermittant running would probably help with the legs. Especially the running, doesn’t have to be fast, just a jog will do 🙂 Keep it up girl! You’re doing great!

bonitag 10 years ago

Good for you!!! You have to be on the right track, keep up the good work!!!

CANTU 10 years ago

Hello everyone, I’m a big Size woman and just join the Trim down club. I Previously be working out 30 minutes a everyday. I do 10 min on my total Gym, 10 on my Elliptical, 10 min on my exercise bike and let me tell you that is too much for me since I just started out, but I’m a determine lady. My big problem is that my legs are huge and would like to trim them down is these a particular exercise anyone knows that would help me trim my legs down fast. should I increase my bike exercise or my Elliptical please advise from someone that has the answer. Thank You.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.