Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
rones 11 years ago

Doryssb and Wannabeslim,
Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate them very much. Perhaps I should have gone into this forum more but I just reacted. From your answers and from looking through the forum itself, I can see that I really might have a chance at this. All I can say is that I am going to give it a royal try.
Thanks again.

Doryssb 11 years ago

Hi Rones and Wannabeslim,
I know it’s hard to tell from my picture, but I am not a male! And by the way, that’s really not me…hahaha! I did want to let you know that I have read on the different threads that several people with diabetes have had their numbers go down.

Also, my husband is doing this eating plan with me. While he isn’t always able to eat exactly as the menu states, because of his job, he is following as closely as he can during the day. Then dinner and snack are up to me and sticking to the plan. He works at a local University and often has to go back and forth across campus to meetings. He has noticed that he has more pep in his step, his joints hurt much less and cravings are down. He also stopped drinking caffeine and dipping! I’m sure those factor in too!

I think the reason why you see mostly women on here is because we’re doing all the gabbing 🙂

Happy healthy eating,
Doryss

DonaldZettler 11 years ago

rones: I am 71 years old and also have diabetes.I am six feet tall.
Last fall I weighed 195 lbs. I decided that I had to lose weight because I did not like the meds the Doctor had me on. I stopped taking them. I am quite active, with golf in the summer and pickleball in the winter. My weight fluctuated after that and never much below 190. Two weeks ago I started on this plan. My wife decided that she would help and join me. We make up our meals following the planner, but not to the letter as some of the plan meals are hard to follow. But definitely the portions and the 6 times a day eating. We are never hungry now, and since we gave up anything with white flour and sugar and sweeteners, the food we eat tastes so much better and we do not crave sweets. Its also fun for me to help plan meals and make them. By the way I am now at 180 lbs and holding. My blood sugar tests show that I am gradually controlling my diabetes. My energy level is much higher also. This is not a diet, it is a way of life for us and we intend to follow it. Two hours of pickleball three times a week is great exercise and FUN.

rones 11 years ago

I just enrolled in this program and I see that the pictures and illustrations show a lot of women. So I am wondering if the program works as well for men or is it focused mainly on women. I am a “large frame” male at 230# and 6’1″ and I know I should lose weight. My motivation is that I have diabetes and I am trying to control it myself without drugs. I have been told that “diet and exercise” is the key. I haven’t been too successful at that and am having difficulty getting my “numbers” down. So, again, will it work for me if I really follow it, or not?
rones

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.