Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
erinb 11 years ago

I never realized how new this site is, I am anxious to see how it will be developed.
I belong to a free site that is chalked full of so much of what this site could be about as well…but better!
WHY I AM HERE? Because after all my studying and life “dieting” losing 70 pounds in 4 years, I need a life style and by far your ideas are what I find are the most sound. I haven’t been able to lose my last 30-50 pounds that I need to. I have yo-yo-ed dropping 10 regaining 10 and am tired of the insanity of it all.
On the other site they have an ‘anything goes mentality’allowing members to form their own teams. You have one plan. The plan you have I agree with on food choices. Just haven’t figured out the ratios yet. When you talk about carbs are you talking all carbs(fruits and veggies have carbs as well as healthy grains/seeds/breads/cereals/nuts. Daily % ; Carb, Proteins, fats and fiber. Meal % and snack %…there has to be a break down.
Now just to get this method to give me the tools to track and tweak the food combining so I can find my sweet spot(no pun intended)to lose my last weight in a way that can be our(family is apart of these changes)way to live by. I am a believer and eating 95% of what you suggest here. I am anxious to make some of the recipes listed.
Coming off very low carb, I might have a slight gain I expect that as I haven’t had a complex carb in my body for a very long time. Then it should tapper off, where I maybe can start losing again.
I anxiously looking forward to the new impletments.
In the meantime do you have a simple target ratio for meals and snacks what we should be targeting; Carbs, Proteins, Fats and maybe even Fiber?
Thank you!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Erin. Thanks for your input and ideas! I have passed them on to the Trim Down Club technical team.

erinb 11 years ago

A food tracking journal would be great as well, where we can see outlined what we need to have with percentages and ratios. Giving us totals…not just a note pad form,as well with exercise too. Calcualting calories burned

Would love to manually be able to create my own menu.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

The Trim Down Club does not work with calories, but we do plan on adding a nutritoinal analysis feature. In the meantime, consider that for most meats and similar items, each oz of provides 7 gm protein, as does a large egg; each 1/3-1/2 cup of cooked grains, cereal, or a slice of bread is about 15 gm carbs, each tsp oil or butter is about 5 gm fat.

KIRK 11 years ago

I joined this club yesterday, but, unlike with the trial, I can’t see where I am given the total calories (or breakdown of protein/carbs etc) that I have eaten for the day.
…seems to me that this is important to know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.