Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

He probably needs about about 25% more than you are getting from your menu plan here, not taking into account any differences in physical activity.

soulfulseeker2 11 years ago

My menus have been derived from MY height and weight not his. Mine is 5’2″ and 140 and his is 5’9″ and 214. Thanks Ossie.

Thanks for getting back to me. It’s HIS height and weight this is for my significant other he’s 5’9″ and 214 pounds. Thanks I appreciate the quick reply.
Sheila

What is your and his heights and weights? I’ll do the calculation for you.

My significant other and I started this diet together. My question has been shouldn’t a man have larger portions? If so where can I find the portion content for his meals?

treetreb 11 years ago

When I saw this program I thought this would be a great way for my daughter and I to change our eating habits and teach my daughter a healthier way to eat that’s good too! After research and grocery shopping, we are starting tomorrow. Thankfully she is open minded and she knows that if she doesn’t like something she can have a healthy alternative, within reason. It’s just too hard to plan and cook for two different menu’s. Another strategy I have in mind is to prepare as much as possible ahead for the week and freeze, that way she has choices as to the snacks and what is more realistic to bring to school and have when she gets home, and the same for me depending on my work schedule.

It is definitely recommended to find a solution that you are preparing and eating meals together as you would normally, because this program is not intended to be a temporary fix, but rather an introduction to lifelong healthy habits.
I would suggest to choose the same foods while going through the Menu Planner application. When you get your menus, choose which days each will follow the other’s menu, but pay attention to possible differences in portion sizes. If you wish, you can post here an example of a day (a menu for each), and I will demonstrate.

dvander3 11 years ago

I’m a new member of TrimDownClub(this week), I followed the start up process yesterday and created my first Menu Plan. My quesiton is how do my spouse and I make this process work for two not just me? If she paid for a seperate membership and completed the startup process like I did my assumption is she would end up with a different meal plan (even if she made the exact same food choices). This plan will not work for us is we have to follow two seperate plans that require us to make different meals 6 times a day. How to we adapt the plan so it can work for both of us?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.