Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 7 years ago

Hi, Chantal. The following equal 1 carb + 1 fat exchange:
Wine, Red, Dry ~ 4 fl oz or 120 ml
Wine, White, Dry ~ 4 fl oz or 120 ml
Beer or Ale, Light ~ 10 fl oz or 300 ml
Beer or Ale, Regular ~ 7 fl oz or 200 ml
Champagne ~ 4 fl oz or 120 ml
Liqueur, Sweet ~ 1 fl oz or 30 ml
Liquor, Unsweetened ~ 1.5 fl oz or 45 ml

You can either substitute what you want for the corresponding exchanges in your menu (you can view them by clicking on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above any of your current menus), or selecting them in the food lists in the personal version of the Menu Planner (the right-most option in the “Tool”s area here – https://www.trimdownclub.com/menu-planner), located in the “Beverages” subcategory of the “Carbohydrates” category.

chantal.switzer 7 years ago

How do you count it into your daily intake.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Cathy. Alcoholic beverages can be fine, but moderation is the key and can be very challenging. Not only do these items contain deceptively high amounts of sugar and the body views them as fat, but they can cloud your judgement and lead to poor food selection and portion control. In this program, we suggest just one drink per day, and to count it into your daily intake – be very aware of sugary ingredients, and try to keep those to a minimum. If you want to keep “drinking” with friends, order alternatives that won’t impact your health in the same way, such as plain soda water with a twist.

CathyJC 9 years ago

I lost 50lbs on Medifast and regained 40. I can be good all week and then the weekend, Ugh!
I feel so depressed that I spend all that money on medifast just to regain almost all of it back. I can be good but I also want to be able to have a few drinks with friends on the weekend. How is it that I can lose 5 lbs during the week just to gain it back in 1 day during the weekend. I need help. Do you have to give up alcoholic beverages completely? Does anyone have any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.