Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
MOLEY 10 years ago

Hi TRaffey, Erchez2410, Candlesnow! Lovely to read your posts. I too have MS. I have had it 7 years now. Looking forward to trying to loose weight and eat more healthy. Also just to let you know i was advised to take high dose of Omega3 each day. I am on 1000mg has well has evening primrose oil. Wish me well for next week i am starting the weeks menu. x

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Evening primrose oil as EPO or GLA is sold in capsules in health food stores. Borage seed oil is a good source of the same GLA. Try to get a product that includes extra vitamin E to prevent rancidity.

Tanya 10 years ago

Where can you get this oil, local health store didnt have it..

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Dlfishadopt. Primrose is not known to contain opioids, but eveningn primrose oil (EPO) as a source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA) is often used as an alternative to opioids to reduce inflammation. Since inflammation is the cornerstone of MS pathology, EPO and GLA are popular among sufferers. If that didn’t answer your question, please do repost.

Dlfishadopt 10 years ago

whatWhat does primrose opioid do for you?

Tanya 10 years ago

Hi, I too have MS, 34 years old with two kids, I had a relapse in march and have put on e few pounds too, and like you, fatigue, poor balance and leg weakness arent helping the situation.. I look forward to hearing how you will be doing. Tomorrow marks one week, so I hope to see a few pounds gone..Tanya

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Elias, and welcome. Some of the main principles of the program – eating unprocessed foods and focusing on fresh fruits and vegetables – are critical for MS, so you have come to the right place. The most challenging part at the beginning may be letting go of the perceived need to starve yourself, and to retrain your body to accept normal amounts of food. Don’t get discouraged, because many of the success stories here started with feelings of failure – short-lived, but still unpleasant. If you have any concerns along the way, please do post here, and we and your pears would be happy to help.

erchez410 11 years ago

Hello Young ladies of all ages, I kinda feel out of place here, but I can’t seem to find any fellas on this new venture of mine. so let me start by introducing myself. my name is Elias (erchez410) your Hoping for the best with MS peaked my interest. I am a 63 year old male, struggling with 340 pounds steady for the pass 10 years won’t go up and bounces in area of 320 and 340. I have high blood pressure as well, I have been under care for MS too. I get infusions once a month.
balance is terrible, I was shocked to read about whole wheat, OJ and Margarine. if all this is true then I now know why I can’t go below 320, and I starve myself to get there. I have basically given up, until a new Grandchild has arrived and I am totally in love with her. I want to be able to hold her without fear of falling, and I want to be around longer to see her grow. so ladies here I am with new purpose and drive.

candlesnow 11 years ago

thanks for all the help, I will try pilates, saw a dvd one time but didn’t know if I could do it, and I will get evening primrose oil. thanks again, I pray this helps!

Rox59 11 years ago

Just starting this diet myself. I wanted to tell you Candlesnow that if you aren’t already taking evening primrose oil you should try it. I originally heard about evening primrose oil from a friend who’s daughter was diagnosed 20 years ago with MS. She has never had to go on drugs. An holistic doctor put her on the oil If you met her you would not know she has MS. I was diagnosed with PMR. Three years ago. I started taking evening primrose oil 3 months ago and have been able to lessen my meds quite a bit. I hope this helps.

candlesnow 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie! I will get a DVD I saw at the store and see if I can get the pilates going. I live in a rural area and there are not a lot of classes for exercise here, right now none that I know of so I will try the dvd

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Stick with floor exercises, including pilates. It not only is safe for you, but will help you compensate for the balance issues.
This is a great program for you, by the way, because the natural foods and focus on good fats, organic items, and fruits and vegetables are the very best things for you!

candlesnow 11 years ago

I am just starting with the Trim Down Club and I have MS. I was always the exercise fanatic in our group but since the MS I have balance problems and fatigue that has not allowed me to do my aerobics or walking, gained 50 lbs. and want to get some, if not all, of my weight off. Hopefully this site will help and I will soon feel good about myself. I have always said “I have MS it does not have me!” so I better get to proving it!! thanks for this site to help motivate me!! Will update as I go!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.