Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Excellent way to put it. As in most foods, natural is better, but too much is always too much.

Patrick 11 years ago

I hope that honey is occasionally okay in smaller amounts. I like to sweeten my tea with it and everyone convinces me that it’s healthy to eat honey now and then. In my book, honey is much better than sugar, but of course it can still be bad when you’re trying to cut down on calories.

As good as Splenda currently looks compared to other artificial sweeteners on the market, it is still artificial, and there is a chance prolonged use may have undesirable effects. We recommend natural alternatives such as Stevia and xylitol.

blbh 11 years ago

Is Splenda OK?

An alternative to Stevia may be xylitol, a sugar alcohol. Try to avoid using more than 20 grams/day, or be on the look-out for upset stomach etc.

Kelsie 11 years ago

I can not use Stevia, it gives me headaches as well as any artificial sweeteners. Any idea what I could use as a substitute?

Actually Stevia (powdered herb) or xylitol (“sugar alcohol”) are recommended over both. Honey and agave will still stimulate an insulin response and add calories, and may raise fat levels in your blood – Stevia and xylitol don’t do either, and are associated with additional health properties.
If you really can’t get used to either of these, honey is preferrable over agave – fewer side effects. However, do try to give the above non-caloric alternatives a chance, as your sense of taste may very well adjust over time.

Julie 11 years ago

Is honey or Agave OK to use on my oatmeal or in my tea?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.