Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Lynne. No, of course you don\’t have to pay extra for a dessert menu – just click on the \”Sweets\” button in the Menu Planner application.
With regard to lack of mobility, it can work, but it may take some troubleshooting. Hopefully you are being followed by a health care professional for you condition. Many of our members have physical limitations that they are able to work through with the correct exercises. If you are interested in knowing more about this, please do write back, including the nature of your condition. If there is no solution in that area, then we can work on rightsizing your menu for your special needs.

lynne1956 9 years ago

does this menu work if I can not exercise as I am a invalid. so due to this I am 2st over weight. I have also noticed that I have to pay extra if I want the dessert menu on here, is this correct?

sbostock1 9 years ago

Thank you for all your help!

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, sbostock1. You can have fruit whenever you want 🙂 The servings tend to be in the morning because most people outside of the Middle East have become accustomed to sweets in the morning, vs. vegetables later in the day.
Exercise definitely affects your food needs, and to curb your hunger, I would suggest an extra snack before and after you’ve finished each run: before, I would recommend two carbs; after, I would recommend two carbs (including fruit, if you wish) and two proteins (if the proteins have no fat, then add two fats). Be sure also to get plenty of calcium and fluids.
Regarding your last question – yes! The Menu Planner is absolution geared toward meeting all of your nutritional needs.

sbostock1 9 years ago

Hello, Thanks for this! A few more questions if you don’t mind! I notice that most of the fruit allocations come early in the day. Is this to give your body time to get rid of the fruit sugars before you go to bed? Bearing in mind that you’ve said I can move things round the menu planner is it ok to have some fruit after my evening meal as this is when I most crave a sweet taste? Also how much does exercise effect my food allowance for the day? I run about 15 miles a week (over 3 sessions) which can sometimes make my appetite go through the roof. Should I be eating more of certain food types to ensure correct levels of energy? One last question (so sorry!), is the menu planner based on giving me (based on my gender/weight/age/goal) all the essential nutrients that I need in 1 day? Many thanks!

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, sbostock1. First, congratulations! Second, yes, you can definitely move things around to make things comfortable.

sbostock1 9 years ago

Hi, I’m in my 2nd month now (I’ve lost 8lbs – hooray!)but still getting to grips with everything. With regards to the daily menus can I move food types from one meal to the next (if I run out of time to prepare it for example) or is it vitally important to have the right ‘mix’ of food types within each meal? Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.