Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Merylz. These tips may help:
•Fresh and dried fruit
•Cut raw vegetables
•Oven-baked vegetable chips
•Nuts and seeds
•Trail mix combinations of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
•Sandwiches – good breads with nut butters, hummus and similar spreads, tahini, canned or smoked fish, cheese, homemade “cold cuts” from fresh meats, egg salad, etc.
•Whole grain or Paleo crackers plus any of the above
•Hard-boiled eggs
•Sliced or string cheese
•Cottage cheese
•Yogurt
•Milk (dairy or vegetal), plain or flavored with cocoa powder and a recommended sweetener
•Hearty soup in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. meat or legume, vegetable, whole grain)
•Hearty smoothie/shake in a thermos (2-3 food groups, i.e. fruit/vegetable, dairy/vegan, seeds)
•Edamame or other legume/pulse snacks
•Whole grain or Paleo cereal or granola (cold in small sealable bag, cooked in thermos)
•Canned beans
•Prepared healthy foods in containers – from leftovers or prepared the night or weekend before.
•Homemade whole-food muffins or bars
•Popped grains, i.e. organic popcorn, sorghum, quinoa

merylz 8 years ago

I’m a newbie. Following the plan is very doable. But just found out I have to travel for the next 3 days. Any Suggestions on what to take in the car?

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Debbie. Yes, and you can see it by clicking on “Exchange view” in the toolbar above your finished menu.

debbiekupczenko 8 years ago

Is there a maximum or minimum number of carbs & fats that we are allowed per day?

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, parulrdave. You can use an old menu, but note that the amounts of food may be bigger. If you are plateauing, I suggest to consider mmaking some changes in your exercise plan, even if temporary, to wake up some new muscles. If you would like some specific assistance with this, please do repost here.

parulrdave 8 years ago

Hi – I have a question regarding Menu History. How can I use one of the menus from the menu history for the next week starting from 11/09/2015? Lately, I stopped losing wait no matter how much I exercise. In this case, will it be okay to use old menu or I should cutomize a menu based on current weight?

judy4horses 8 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement ??

AnneDaws55 8 years ago

Hi Judy I didn’t eat breakfast early until I joined this great site. I now eat breakfast at 6.15am before leaving home for work at 6.30.At first I didn’t have the appetite so early in the morning but after a couple of days found I was actually looking forward to eating to the point where on my days off I get up early for that reason. I’m halfway through my eighth week and have lost 9lbs.I was disappointed last week as I hadn’t lost any weight (my own fault though as we went away last weekend so had a few drinks over a couple of nights) I’m back to task now so hope to see results when I weigh in on Sunday.

judy4horses 8 years ago

Thank you. I reduced the menu options to the simplest version so I can make a start and see if I can actually eat so many grain type carbs.
I am going to spend the rest of the week playing around with this menu and start on Monday. I would like to follow up on the other thread and see how the food value for wine (for example) is to be found.
Thanks again.

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, judy4horses, and welcome. The times you wrote are fine for the meals here, especially since they appear to be the same each day.
As for the specific menu content, I suggest you use the full Menu Planner application (in “Apps” above) so that you can select the foods that work for you and avoid the ones that don’t (including the recipes). Your freakfast options sound fine.
Regarding refined items in the lists, they are just there for Clubmembers making the transition from their previous diet to this program, so that there is no “cold turkey” shock (and so that they don’t throw anything out).

judy4horses 8 years ago

Hi- just joined and reading a lot and trying to sort my food choices in the menu planner. A couple of questions and comments:
I am having serious difficulty adding in the required amount of carbs for breakfast. I am out of the house early and don’t usually take breakfast…usually a snack of fruit about 9-10 with lunch at 12. I will take another snack about 4 with dinner at 6-7pm and occasionally a snack at 10pm if I am likely to be up to 12pm.
I never go about feeling hungry.
I have 2 kilos to lose but my long term problem is fat – not just belly fat but higher up the midriff.
I dislike cereals and pulses and certainly could not cook up any of the suggested breakfast recipes.
I could make an omlette/boil and egg and have a ryvita…I am also lacking protein choices for breakfast- I cut out processed/cured breakfast meats some time ago.
I am also struggling with the snack menu

Comment: Given the big spiel about the adverse effects of refined produce I was surprised to find the carbs list filled with these options.

I am going back to play around with options and hope I get some help sorting something i can work with
Thanks in advance

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.