Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Lainie. After my response are some shopping links for Australia. I’m not sure where you found “turkey nuts” – are you sure you read that right? There’s no such food in the lists. The mixed green salad recipe is provided after the list of shopping links.
Australian Organic Food Directory (Australia)

Welcome

Links

Fundamental Food Store (Australia)

Fundies Landing Page

Stores and online shopping

Grass-Fed Meat in Australia (Australia)
http://www.paleoz.com/australia/grass-fed-meat-in-australia/
Links

Lifestyle Bakery (Australia)
http://www.lifestylebakery.com.au/
Online shopping; products available in stores

Australia approved sale of raw dairy products only in May, 2012 (starting with cheese). Stay tuned to the above Australia-specific links for the appearance of products, hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

Mixed Green Salad
What you need
Any combination of the following:
2 cups green leafy vegetables such as raw spinach,
arugula, baby greens, and/or head lettuce such as butter, red leaf, or romaine
2 medium ripe tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes
1 cucumber, peeled or scrubbed
1 bell pepper, green or red, cored
1 large or 8 baby carrots, peeled
1 small white or red onion, outer layers removed
4 large or 8 small radishes, tops removed
1 scallion or green onion
½ cup sunflower sprouts
What you need to do.
Rinse all of the vegetables thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels or a clean dish towel.
Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Put in 2-quart bowel, and mix.
Add lemon juice, flavored vinegar, and/or seasonings (free), with or without olive oil (1 tsp. = 1 fat), or ready-made organic salad dressing (1 Tbsp. dressing = 1 fat), as desired. Other popular toppings include chopped nuts, seeds (1 Tbsp. = ½ protein), cooked beans or whole grains (¼ cup = ½ carb), or canned fish or chicken (1 oz drained = 1 protein).

Lainie849 11 years ago

I have just joined and feeling a little let down. I live in Australia and jst know I am going to have difficulty purchasing some of the required ingredients. What on earth are turkey nuts??? Also, I see from my first weekly menu I am supposed to be eating a mixed green salad and this has the little recipe symbol next to it but I can’t find a recipe.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.