Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Lindalou45140 9 years ago

This is helpful for I too am gluten and soy sensitive. Thanks:)

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Melody, and thanks for the information. It looks like you would benefit best from selecting the vegetarian option in your profile, because it will give you more options for the substitutions you want. I suggest you do select the soy products such as tofu and tempeh, because there you can slip in the protein foods you can eat – just note that 2 oz tofu = 1 ounce of yellow cheese or meat/poultry/seafood. If you continue to have difficulties, please do repost.

melodyjam 9 years ago

Thanks Sharon will appreciate your help. My measurements are – weight 75, height 164cm, shape pear, with large bones. I am currently following the 14 day gluten free menu and am substituting where possible. But it would be great if I can set up my own program to include the nuts and humus for snacks, and an alternative to edamame – Mel.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Melody, and welcome. Usually, we actually encourage the choice of nuts, seeds, hummus, and tahini for snacks, but it may be that the system is not responding for a reason such as the nuts being high in fat and your pattern not enabling many fats (if you are fairly close to your ideal weight, for example). What is your height? I will work with you to find a solution.

melodyjam 9 years ago

Hi I’m Melody Jamieson from Sydney Australia and have recently joined the Trimdown Club and started to create my own menus using your menu planner. I am up to my food choices and am having problems and need your help.

I am a coeliac (no Gluten) and allergic to dairy and soy as well. However, I can substitute rice milk for milk and can obtain a hard yellow cheese that I can eat. So I have been able to juggle the food selections in all of the groups except Proteins to meet your requirements. Unfortunately with the Snacks group in the Protein section there is no facility to select “nuts” for a snack or “Tahini” or “hummus”– in fact the only snacks on offer contain dairy or soy. So I cannot progress to “Save and Create Menu” within your system.

I notice that Edamame is often used on your Gluten free plan. I am not familiar with this food but the dictionary tells us it is made of soy and therefore cannot be eaten by me. Can you please advise a good substitute for me.

I would appreciate your advice on this matter so I can progress and get started with your system.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Melody Jamieson

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.