Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi again, Mrs. Holly. Glad to help. The information will eventually be made available on the sight – we were very surprised by how many people want it, and we are working on it.
Yes, you are absolutely correct – there are generally pairings to help with glycemic impact: making sure carbs are put together with a protein and/or a fat, and if alone, then high in fiber and water. We don’t use the glycemic index as much (though you may find some overlap), because there are other elements involved in the impact (processing, form, amount, etc.).

MrsHolly 11 years ago

Dear Ms. Ossie,
Thank you so much for taking time to write me back with great detail. That makes sense to see it broke down by each meal and allowance. I could not find that info anywhere in the program. Are the foods paired for each meal and snack in a special way? Glyemic index to lose weight? I am going to listen and read along to this program again for better clarity. Thank you again!

Hi, MrsHolly. The following is the information you requested:
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1-2 fats, 1 fruit
AM Snack: 1 starch, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fruit or vegetable
Lunch: 2 starches, 3 proteins, 1 fat, 1-2 vegetables
PM Snack: 1 starch, 2 proteins, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
Night Snack: 1 protein with either 1 starch, sweet, fruit, or fat
Each starch is a slice of bread or 1/2 cup cooked/prepared grain or cereal; each dairy/substitute protein is 1 cup of milk, 6 oz of yogurt or 1 oz of cheese; each meat/substitute protein is 1 oz of meat/poultry/fish/seitan, etc.; each fat is 1 tsp oil or 1 Tbsp. salad dressing or sauce, or 2 Tbsp coconut milk; each fruit is a piece of fruit (except banana, which is half) or 1 cup of most fruits; each vegetable is a cup except for free vegetables (you will find a link to the list at the end of your menu from the Menu Planner).
There is definitely freedom in choices. Once you understand the point about food groups, food exchanges, and portion sizes, you can definitely swap things out according to what is most convenient for you, as long as you get a good variety of fruits and vegetables overall, and if you are a vegetarian, in sources of protein.

MrsHolly 11 years ago

What is the bottom line for food allowances on this program? Aside from portion designed for body type, How many proteins, grains, vegetables, fruits, and such are we supposed to have have daily? Is there freedom in choices? Can I decide I want to have a dish with spinach in it and plan my day around that because that food is going to expire soon? If so, how do I plan the rest of the food for the day around that? Thanks for any and all replies.

MrsHolly 11 years ago

I have to say I am having the same problem. I am 5′ 4″ weigh 202 pounds. I am eating the planned menu given by the program. I am not cheating and eating at 92% healthy menu. I work out daily on the elliptical for 40-60 minutes. I have been on the program 2 weeks. I feel better when eating better but I am getting discouraged with no weight loss. Thanks for your help.

Hi, bnperagine. We’re happy to help, but I just need a little information. First and foremost, have you been on diets before? More than once? What types of diets? Were they successful to some degree? How long ago was the last one?
Next, it would be great if you could list your gender, age, exercise type and schedule, and of course, height and weight, and then a sample day from your weekly menu.
I will do some calculations and get back to you.

bnperagine 11 years ago

ive been doing this diet for a week and i gained 5 pounds! im mad. ive been exercising and i eat everything on my menu but in smaller portions. i dont eat junkfood. either this is a scam or im doing something wrong!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.