Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Apologies, Gianna. The second part of my response was intended for LadyPuma!

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Gianna. Depending on your activity level, you probably currently need about 70 grams each of protein and fat, and 200 grams of carbohydrates. The dietary patterns here are based on a diabetic diet, so they should be fine for your husband, though he probably needs more than you (though of course this depends on his age, size and activity level). I would suggest to upgrade from Splenda (sucralose) to something natural, such as monk fruit, inulin, or Stevia – artificial sweeteners like sucralose can actually work against your goals here.

ladypuma 10 years ago

My husband is a diabetic type 2 so my meals has to be what he can eat as well. He is over weight also. So how can I make meals that he can eat also. He has to stay away from carbs and sugars. We use Splenda for our sugar and sea salt for our salt. I do not salt when I cook he adds it to his food after.

ElaineG 10 years ago

Hi, I have joined the site and find the receipe’s really interesting but my menu planner is slightly bizarre I added all the things I like, but some of the combination of foods are very strange for example I would never eat olives for breakfast, I am in England so just find some of the meals slightly odd, also I could never eat the amount of snacks suggested. Thanks

talone3 10 years ago

Ossie Sharon can you please tell me how many carbs,protein and fats I should be eating daily. I am really trying to put my meal together. Where do I make my own menu and see nutrion values based off my weight and age and gender. Thanks Gianna

Deborahjjhayes 10 years ago

I know it seems like a lot of food especially like me ,I’ve basically been on a starvation diet or a weird one my whole life. this is so healthy I can’t believe it. I’m still not able to eat it all., but I eat in a circle on my plate until I’m full so I’ll get some of all the nutrients. I weigh and measure all my food so I see how much I am NOT eating by what is left on my plate. You won’t lose as fast if you don’t eat it all. It works. And it is delightful to be able to eat and enjoy food with NO GUILT!!!!

After you make your menu out… Look on the right side and it says something like nutrition values…It will give you the values needed for each meal and snack for that menu. based on your height, weight,& sex. Each menu they rearrange them , but they are basically the same each day in totals!!

Join us in successful Beginnings and Support!! WE’d be glad to help you!!

talone3 10 years ago

Ok can somebody please help me understand how to do this? I am 142 lbs, 5’2″ I want to get to 135lbs. I was 148 and lost 5lbs but did that from really restricting what I ate, high protein and low carbs (40carbs/day). Certainly you cant do that very long. So I found this website and joined because I am looking for an overall longterm change and healty way of eating.

I filled out the menu planner, checked what I like and don’t like etc. I printed out my menu and there is no way I can eat all of the food listed for that day.(and some of the food I don’t want to eat that day).I like to eat alot of mini meals.What I really need someone to tell me is #1 How much protein,carbs,fats and sugars should I be eating a day or per meal? Does each snack have to have a protein and carb/sugar ie Almonds,fruits.Or can I just eat a plum or just eat a few almonds alone?
What is the combination I should be looking at when I plan a meal/snack?
Whoever responds I am thanking you in advance for your help because I cant start until I know how to do this correctly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.