Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, scropio 37. It may indeed take your body a while to get used to eating normally again, but it really is a more sustainable way of eating, especially if you like carbs. Give it a little time. Note that eating 100% whole grains means that fiber can buffer the impact on your body, and overall this program is rather low-carb (45% of energy vs. the typicl 50-65%).

scropio37 10 years ago

I read through the program, and there are a lot of foods I never heard of. I am new a member, and I trying to do this right. So I been sub. veg. and bread. I am not use to eating bread since I been carb conscious for so long. I got 100% whole grain bread, and hope I can cope with eating healthy carbs again.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Newval. Welcome, and congratulations on your progress. Note that there is a selection for cereal with milk – it specifies “SWG,” but shredded wheat is also an excellent choice, and you can just swap it.
A baguette is the classic long French bread loaf. It is available in both white and whole grain (preferable) varieties. We do encourage you to look into new foods – there are some real advantages to those in the lightest blue type.

newval 10 years ago

I joined Monday of this week and I am glad that I am not feeling starving all the time -I like the emphasis on fruit and some carbs with protein. I’m also eating more vegetables than I am used to but that’s a good thing! I don’t see milk anywhere – if cold cereal is on the menu (shredded wheat) aren’t they assuming that would be with milk? I also needed to tweak the menu a bit – I take a bag lunch to work so no hot things. I have lost a couple of pounds in the last few days – I hope I can keep this up. My other question concerns is to do with familiarity of some of the foods. For ex., what do they mean by baguette? Is it a small bagel, slice of some kind of bread? There are other foods I’m not familiar with too – will have to look into it. I wish you luck starting the program after you read the info!

ChristineKaiser 10 years ago

I’m just starting to read through the information. I’m not sure how this program works, so I will start reading through the information and hope that will help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.