Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Elena 11 years ago

Hi! I would help you, but I’m not sure how… You see, I thought the brown sugar is supposed to be the healthy alternative, lol. 😀 (I mean, the alternative for the common white sugar).
And flour can get confusing, that’s true. I think you’d do best to scout some organic/healthy food specialized shops and see if they have some special flour you could use.

tperona 11 years ago

I have been trying to cook as much food at home as possible to reduce my families “processed” intake. One of the biggest issue I am running into is finding healthy alternatives/substitutes for when a recipe calls for any of the following ingredients: all purpose four, bread flour, and brown sugar. The whole flour thing is really confusing for me. I understand there are different types of flour for different things (depending on the taste you are looking for), but without getting into too much research, I would love an “all purpose” substitute for “all purpose” flour (lol).

Also, I am trying to make as much bread at home as possible but am getting thrown off when they call for bread flour (maybe that is even okay to use…I don’t know). And as for brown sugar, I know I can use molasses, but the taste is a bit more bitter. Does anyone know of anything easier? I would love it if Stevia had a brown sugar option, like Splenda does, but I haven’t seen anything like that. Or maybe someone has an idea of how to even make one. Please weigh in. Thanks!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.