Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Steven 11 years ago

I’m using this program to help me get support. To also help me learn how to plan meals. I was just use to eating prepared foods. Now I’m learning how to make my own meals which I am finding are really good.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

This program offers a menu planner based on your favorite foods that can help you get what you need from your daily food intake.

Leonard 11 years ago

Sometimes I get white spots on my fingernails. It’s not permanent, but to get rid of them, usually I turn to supplements (like minerals and vitamin pills). I want to learn how to take all the nutrients in my regular meals. The occasional need for supplements is obviously telling me that I’m not eating all the right stuff. =/

This program encourages use of the best oils for your cardiovascular system (olive oil, others high in omega-3s), as well as low-fat foods and fruits/vegetables high in antioxidants that will protect you (see the Menu Planner in addition to the recipes). That combination along with even light but consistent exercise (even just 20-30 minute walks)can make for a world of difference over time.

Courtney 11 years ago

I hope to get off of the medications that I’m currently on. I’ve been on meds for high blood pressure for about 10 years. I also have high cholesterol, so would love to learn what types of foods to eat to lower my cholesterol.

I really appreciate the recipes that this site offers. I don’t do a lot of cooking, so I love seeing simple recipes. Thanks!

Joanne 11 years ago

Sometimes I eat too many sweets at once, which feels terrible for my stomach afterwards. Recently I started to worry that I might develop a case of gastritis, and now I’m trying to eat fruits instead of processed desserts. This is great – I have noticed that increased vitamin intake reduces fatigue I used to feel in the afternoons. I just feel healthier.

The menu planner I found on this website seems useful and I intend to use it to plan out my snacks. This way it will be easier to keep them healthy and moderate. (From my experience, even fruit can be bad if eaten in vast amounts!)

Other than weight loss, what are other health goals that members hope to attain by improving their nutritional intake? What are some of the challenges in meeting these goals? How can this program be used as a tool?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.