Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
bntnemenz 9 years ago

Oh my well now I feel silly!! I never knew them as anything other than green beans!! Thank you so much for all your help!!

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, bntnemenz. Yes, “French beans” are indeed green beans. As for jujube dates, they are very small Asian dates, similar in nutritional value to other dates. Again, each tablespoon of dried fruit is a serving.

bntnemenz 9 years ago

and one more question…what are jujube dates?

bntnemenz 9 years ago

Thank you for the info on the dates! I guess I didn’t know which kind they were when I filled this out, so I just skipped right over it! But as for the green beans, I’m still not seeing them in the list! I went to the vegetables tab in the menu planner, and scrolled all the way down, and I’m not seeing them. Only beans I see is french beans???

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, bntnemenz. Both foods are in the Menu Planner lists. Green beans is in the first column of the vegetables list (“limited,” but not “starchy”). Dates are definitely OK! They are in the fruits list between “Custard Apple” and “Dewberries” – 1 serving is about a tablespoon, so for the “medjool” type (larger and softer) this is one (they are huge), and for the smaller “deglet noor” type, this is about 3. If you want more, just “steal” a carb or other fruit serving from somewhere else in the meal or day.

bntnemenz 9 years ago

Hi, I’ve been noticing that there are a couple foods that I like that I’m not seeing on here. One being, green beans? I haven’t seen them anywhere in the vegetable list….why?

The other is dried dates, the kind that you find in trail mix and granola mixes, coated with oat flour… I can’t seem to figure out how to implement them into my meals. I like to throw a few in my cereal or oatmeal sometimes. Are these okay, and how much is a serving?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.