Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Rebaisbobo 11 years ago

Thanks. I have just recently found out in February this year so I am still trying to gather info. I have a lot of medical problems and with back problems compounded on top of my extra 35 pounds I gained after my back surgery over 2 years ago plus all the meds I take, I am at wits end to lose this weight and feel better. Joan

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hopefully you are under the care of a health care professional who is aware of your weight loss efforts. You may have had plenty of experience, but we like to be sure.
The issue of protein is not related to Parkinson’s itself, but rather the common L-dopamine based medications. Protein interferes with their effectiveness, so the following are the recommendations:
1. Eat only the amount of protein that you need (about 0.8 gm/kg of your ideal weight – if you are very overweight, then instead of ideal weight use 80% of your current weight).
2. Separate your protein intake from your medication intake, about 1-2 hours between them.

Rebaisbobo 11 years ago

I have been diagnosed with Parkinsons and someone told me to much protein is not good. Can you verify and if so what kind of nutrition do you recommend.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.