Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
hes2mac 11 years ago

I am also trying to follow a gluten free diet… definitely more of those recipes would be helpful.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Keep in mind that most of the foods in the Menu Planner are or can be gluten-free and/or dairy-free, even if not specifically labelled as such. In addition to rice, quinoa, buckwheat, etc., 100% whole grain can mean gluten-free, too. As for dairy, see “vegan” in the dairy section.

There is no reason for your gluten-free diet to be too high in fat and carbs. First, there are plenty of substitutes for gluten-rich products in the Menu Planner. Second, if you are not a vegetarian, there are plenty of high-protein foods completely unrelated to gluten. Fruits and vegetables are what they are, gluten-free. Was there something in particular that caught your eye?

skydancer 11 years ago

I agree about wanting more gluten free options, also dairy free. I signed up, looked at the options and gave up. Hope I can use this program!

Thinkpink2012 11 years ago

I am also new to this diet and have Celiacs please help with my meal planning….most gluten free foods are high in fat and carbs..

There are many gluten-free options in the menu-planner, even if they are not stated as such. For example, all the quinoa, rice, potatoes, millet, and buckwheat products, and anywhere that refers to “whole grains” can mean any grain. We definitely would not encourage the types of frozen foods that are high in fat, as this generally reflects a high degree of processing that contradicts a basic principle of the Trim Down Club program.

Elaine 11 years ago

Hi -I have celiac disease and must follow a gluten free diet. I am requesting more gluten free options to help with diet planning. Most of the frozen gluten free food is very high in fat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.