Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Michele12000 9 years ago

Kim, remember we are not dieting, we are living a more healthy life style. You will be doing you husband a favor by giving him more of the same meal you can eat. Add more meat if he really likes it,l but slowly cut the amount of meat and potatoes, by cooking 2 different types of vegetables and serving a salad as often as possible. Give it a try, I’m sure you’ll like the results.

esolaro 9 years ago

PS: I do NOT recommend you stuffing 50 pounds of stuff in a pack and going for a long hike or even a short walk. That’s just something you shouldn’t do unless you’re really up to it and really know your body. But a couple of liter bottles should be fine.

esolaro 9 years ago

Hi, Kimyork5. I do half an hour of calisthenics a couple of times a week (I target my upper body and core). I find cycling a great alternative to running, especially when my Achilles told me I wasn’t going to run any more. (I was surprised it took that long.) However, it is more expensive. Walking is also excellent, and if your back is up to it, you can always put some water bottles in a pack. (Back in the day, I’d stuff 50 pounds of books, weights and canned food in my pack.)

Re: your husband. You should check with Ossie (our nutritionist), but you may be able to give your husband larger portions of foods you prepare for yourself.

kimyork5 9 years ago

I have tried so many different ways to lose weight. Doing the calorie counting and exercise was somewhat working, but I developed shin splints and ended up gaining all my weight back, once again. I completed the menu part, and not sure how this is going to work with my family. I noticed you eat more during the day, but the meals are small. My husband only eats 2 meals a day, so it looks like I will still be cooking big meals that I will not be able to eat. Will see…got 60 days to try this plan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.