Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Holly, that’s great! We are happy to help in whatever way we can, and with you the best 🙂 🙂

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, kbucsis. 1 cup (153 g) of watermelon is a fruit exchange.

kbucsis 8 years ago

Where does watermelonfit in

Holly362610 8 years ago

WOW.. Thank You !! 3 tbs would be 1 prune 1 date and 3 dried cherries etc etc. I have signed up this week and am cleaning out the extra food from the fridge and pantry. This weekends grocery trip will begin my journey. I am excited with all the meal choices!!The amount of food does seem a bit overwhelming, but I see how adjustments can be made so easily. I have ordered some new food containers,…. CAN’T WAIT TO START!

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Holly. Absolutely! Whatever works for you. As for the dried fruits, 3 tablespoons would be a swap.

Holly362610 8 years ago

also..I do like dried fruits. Can I substitute dried dates,prunes,apricots,cherries,or cranberries? And if so, how many ounces/pieces.

Holly362610 8 years ago

as fruits are very seasonal, can I substitute frozen fruit natural fruit? Maybe adding them to the yogurt or ricotta? apples bananas and oranges are always available, but strawberries and blueberries etc can get a bit expensive.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Gittyklein. Yes, the intention is for you to eat all the items in the menu. Yes, you can move foods around, just be careful not to load up at the end of the day when you are less active. As for breakfast, it is great that you are not hungry and are in tune with what your body is telling you. Since cottage cheese is an important source of calcium, you can move it elsewhere, or just double up on the milk (which goes down more easily). You can also cut back on items that are less key to general health – we recommend to protect your intake of fruits, vegetables (at least 5 total servings per day), and calcium (at least 3 total cups or equivalents per day).

Gittyklein 9 years ago

A similar question: do I havr to eat ALL foods on my daily menu? What if I feel full with less for example: if I have by breakfast 1/2 cup oats cooked with a cup of milk, do I have to add 1/2 cup cottage cheese as meal plan suggest or I can skip it ? Another question : can I take part of one meal n add it to a different meal later?

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, marjan. We usually recommend that a source of carbohydrates such as fruit be buffered by a protein, but if it is just one piece of fruit and you are not a brittle diabetic, it may be OK as is. The point is to get in that produce! 🙂

marjan 9 years ago

Is it really important if we have our fruit with our meal or can we have it as a snack in between meals?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.