Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Lucidgls. Note that all of the items in the keto menus here include a serving of produce as part of the recipe, so that you ultimately get about 5 fruit/vegetable servings each day as recommended. If you use an extra 1 cup raw (even if you ultimately cook it) low-carbohydrate vegetables, that’s fine.

Lucidgls 4 years ago

Thanks for replying. I don’t see fruits or vegetables listed with my menus. So, I can eat a serving of the fruits and vegetables as a side with the meal listed they don’t count towards calories, carbs, etc.? I did WW for a while and they were free foods.

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Lucidgls. On a keto diet, non-starchy, low-carbohydrate vegetables are particularly recommended, though limited amounts of non-starchy, moderate-carbohydrate vegetables are fine. There are fewer low-carbohydrate fruits (some are considered vegetables), but there are some. The following are the lists of keto-supportive produce:
VEGETABLES
Asparagus
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Cucumber
Green Beans
Kale
Kohlrabi
Lettuce
Onion (green)
Peppers (red and green)
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini
Swiss chard
Tomatoes (technically a fruit)
FRUIT
Avocado (also high in fat)
Coconut (also high in fat)
Olives (also high in fat)
Bitter melon or gourd (used like a vegetable)
Cantaloupe
Casava melon
Raspberries
Strawberries
Winter melon (used like a vegetable)
VEGETABLES TO MINIMIZE
Artichoke (green or globe)
Carrot (orange, purple, white)
Eggplant (all types)
Onions (white and red)
Pumpkin (technically a fruit)
Shallots
Spaghetti squash (technically a fruit)
STARCHY VEGETABLES TO AVOID
Acorn squash
Butternut squash
Corn
Jerusalem artichoke (also called “sunchoke”)
Parsnip
Potato (white, purple)
Sweet Potato
Yam

Lucidgls 4 years ago

I just signed up and this is all new to me. When I look at My Menu I don’t see any fruits or vegetables listed. How do I know which ones I can eat?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.