Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Panayoti. Are you talking about your in your profile, or in general?
In your profile, note that there is a little weight symbol next to your weight number – click on that to switch back and forth between kilograms and pounts.
In general, 1 kilogram equals 2.2 pounds; and 1 pound equals 0.454 kilogram.

Panayoti 10 years ago

How do I change kilograms into lbs

Hi, Sannalady1. Yes, that would be the reason. Banana’s sugar content is more concentrated than that in most other fruits.
Other fruits that do not appear in the low-sugar menu include plantains, pineapple, dried fruits (including dates), sugared fruits (such as cranberry sauce), and regular fruit spreads such as apple and apricot butters, lemon curd, and regular jams and jellies, as well as fruit juice (except for fixing hypoglycemia, of course).

Sannalady1 10 years ago

I looked in the snacks section for banana and it is not there. Is that because I have checked the low sugar (or low carb – don’t remember which) for my menus?

Hi, Sannalady1. Banana is listed in “Fruits” under “Fruits and Beverages” in the “Snacks” tab of the Menu Planner lists. Vegetable lists are available through the “Vegetables of Your Choice” link in your menu. I’m inserting it here for you as well https://www.trimdownclub.com/vegetables-3/.

Sannalady1 10 years ago

I have been away for a while and now am back first day today. I see some fruits listed on my menu but I didn’t see any place to choose individual fruits. Did I miss something or is this new? Same with veggies, although I saw a page on that. Specifically, the first thing I noticed was an article on the benefits of bananas. I quit eating bananas when I joined because they were not listed anywhere as far as I could tell. I still can’t find them. since I take daily “water pills” I am always low on potassium. Now with no bananas …..

Hi, eleonoragavrielides. You heard correctly! It is indeed best to combine fruit (and any other relatively concentrated source of carbohydrates) with a source of protein to dampen the glucose/insulin effect.

eleonoragavrielides 10 years ago

A general guide would be around 2 to three a day . Does anyone know whether it is better to have fruit alone or with a bit of protein. received wisdom recently seems to be that if it is combined with afew nuts ot yoghurt or a bit of cheese it is absorbed more slowly and the fructose does less damage

Tweety425 10 years ago

I love fruit too, always look forward to snacking on fruit

Hi, USA444. Actually, the quick menus feature two servings per day, which is generally true for most of the menus, unless you swap out a dessert exchange for a fruit. According to recommendations from government authorities, 2-4 servings of fruit per day is best.

USA444 10 years ago

I’d like to know how many fruits we can have in general. It doesn’t seem like they are free. On my quickstart menu planner it looks like only one a day and I’d really like to have more than that.
Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.