Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Nqawu. The following are answers to your questions:
1. You can substitute melons and watermelons for one another (a well as canteloupes and casavas).
2. The best type of corn is organic (non-GM) – the rest doesn’t matter
3. One of the major principles of the program (and healthy eating, especially for weight management) is to eat multiple small meals throughout the day, and not skip any. If you don’t want a large lunch, then by all means make the lunch and snack similar sizes so they are both like large snacks.
4. You can definitely repeat meals throughout the week. Do try to vary your fruits and vegetables.
5. You don’t have to eat either currants or raisins – there are many other fruits from which to choose.
6. If you don’t like skim milk, try 1% – many people you are used to low-fat and don’t like skim have found that 1% does the trick. Every bit of dairy fat that you can spare yourself is a big help.
7. The eggs can be boiled / poached if it just says “egg” – fried egg is actually a different menu item, and takes the cooking fat into account; it is, of course, recommended that you fry the egg in a good oil such as olive, and don’t allow it to brown too much.
8. You can substitute marmalades and jams with one another
9. The spinach on lunch day 13 can be cooked or raw – your choice.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Lohackett. Deer is great in weight management – usually very lean. If you are substituting flours, just make sure that what you are using is not white/refined – this can really have undesirable effects on your metabolism.

Lohackett 11 years ago

can I use the flour I have at home instead of swg, quinoa etc? I have deer meat instead of beef and pork, is that alright?

Nqawu 11 years ago

1. can I substitute honeydew melons for watermelons?
2. which type of corn should I use – sweet or something else?
3. Can I skip lunch and snack instead, or do I have to have both?
4. Can I repeat Monday meals on Wednesday, for instance? i.e. is the menu you prepared for variety purposes or is it pretty specific?
5. What can I substitute currant and raisins with? I couldn’t bring myself to eat them since I could chew. I guess if there’s no substitute I could try…….
6. Can I use low-fat milk always instead of skimmed? Tried that also……..again, didn’t like it but could try for weight-loss purposes. I’ve been using low-fat milk for years now, so I guess I’m used to it.
7. The eggs – are they boiled / poached / fried?
8. Can I substitute marmalade jam with smooth apricot jam ….or any other jam except marmalade?
9. The spinach on lunch day 13 – is it cooked?

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.