Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Lucinda. As I mentioned in your parallel post, don’t worry about it. The program will become more comfortable over time. If you’re still struggling in a few weeks, repost here and I would be happy to work with you.

hudsoncarol19 8 years ago

my husband is 5foot 8 inches,he weighs 15stone 7lb,he is 57 and very active.he walks the dogs for miles,swims and goes to the gym.

LucindaWilson 8 years ago

I just started today. what if I can’t get all the food down I had breakfast at 0930 and it is now 6:57 and I haven’t eaten dinner yet. HELP

Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, hudsoncarol. Yes! Portion sizes absolutely do depend on someone’s weight, as well as other factors. If you post your husband’s age, weight, height, and general activity level, I will get back to you with how much more he needs than you.

hudsoncarol19 8 years ago

I only joined 2 days ago and I am lost already,yesterday I did the haddock menu and it was lovely and for dessert the berry crisp.that too was lovely,as I cook for my husband as well I doubled his portion sie as hewould have been still hungry.are these portion sizes for everyone or do they change if some one is heavier.thanks.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Irene. I have forwarded your query to tech support.
In the meantime, the amounts of carbs and sodium you described are not considered high at all. Keep in mind that the average “sensible” diet generally provides well over 200 grams of available carbs, and the recommendation for sodium control is 2000-3000 mg per day unless you have a specific kidney or liver condition.
The repetition is something the tech team will look into.

IreneCsoko 11 years ago

I also just joined and got my first weekly menu that I then factored into LoseIt.com where I track nutrients, since the menu plan does not show these numbers. I was shocked at the carbs (189), net(157) and sodium levels (2,548). I used low sodium chicken stock for the Spinach soup recipe, which you want me to eat 4 cups of. This would be very detrimental to my health as I am carb sensitive and have high blood pressure. Why are the nutrients not shown? This is basic information that is necessary to balance blood sugars. I understand that the program is supposed to do this for you, but I believe in the show me motto! And given the other posts regarding the high calorie levels perhaps the program is not doing what it should be doing. Oh yes and the 2nd is the same as the 1st, the 3rd and 4th are identical and the 5th and 6th are identical, I did ask for less variety but….and I see that I have this sodium laden spinach soup every day for dinner, 4 cups a day ahhhhh

Hi, vanilla. The food amount is indeed quite high, and I am forwarding this issue to the tech support team. In the meantime, my suggestion for you would be to limit your major meals to one major source each of carbohydrates and protein, and as many green-type vegetables as you want. For example, in the menu you posted, at lunch I would suggest to have the pizza and cabbage OR edamame+yogurt+cabbage, or simply half the pizza and yogurt amounts listed, with the rest being the same; at dinner, I would suggest ravioli and vegetables OR potato+cheese+vegetables.

vanilla 11 years ago

Ossie…sorry i didn’t answer all of your questions the first time. i have tried weight watchers and it works until i get too busy to or lose interest in tracking points. i probalby last tried in earnest 2 years ago. most recently i have been tracking calories on an iphone app with limited success. my biggest downfall is finding time to exercise (and i’m guessing portions). pilates were very successful but caused me great pain in my feet (something no one can explain or fix so i stopped doing them about 8 months ago). when i get busy at work (60-65 hrs/wk Oct – Feb) time is limited for exercise but i try to hit the treadmill for 20-30 minutes as often as i can (I’ll say 3 times/wk on average). i also mentioned i was vegan. actually i just don’t like meat, chicken and fish. i do eat beans, cheese, yogurt and have recently started eating quino and more rice. i find it difficult to get protein in my diet and concluded i just need someone to tell me what to eat cause i obviously haven’t been able to figure it out myself. hope that helps

vanilla 11 years ago

thanks….here is an example of one day’s menu that i came up with 2,100 (i didn’t enter any calories for the veggies since they are free). also i’m vegan which you will probalby notice from the food choices
breakfast:
rye bread (2)
cheese
banana
snack 1
pretzels (20)
edamame (1/2 c)
mango
lunch:
pizza (2 slices)
edamame (1/2 c)
cabbage
yogurt (12 oz)
snack 2:
granola bar
dinner:
raviolli
potato 1/2 c
veggies
cheese
snack 3
almonds

Hi, TabithaKitty. Usually, 4 oz meat, 1 cup of vegetables, and 1-2 tablespoon of gravy.

tabithakitty 11 years ago

Alot of the receipes are for 8 + people. How much is a serving for meat, veggies, gravy?

Hi, Dlartioli/vanilla. Your assigned pattern is not designed to go up to 2100 calories, and even 1800 is quite high for the pattern. Can you post an example of a typical day that you are getting from the Menu Planner? I will also run the calculations.
Have you been on diets before? If so, what types? When was the last time you were one one? Finally, how long have you been doing that particular exercise regime?

vanilla 11 years ago

i would agree it is a lot of food. i’m 50, female, 5’4″,140lbs, want to be 126 and light physical activity (treadmill 30 min 4x/wk). i ran the calories last night on 3 days and it has me eating 1,800 – 2,100 calories. i can’t imagine losing any weight eating that much. i have been tracking calories on an app and average 1,400 per day and still don’t lose weight (i know you are going to tell me to eat more to lose…..can’t get my head around that!). if i can’t eat everything listed (snacks are hard at my job), how do i cut back? (ps i’m a vegan so finding this a little hard to do, but still trying)

Hi, and welcome! This program does indeed recommend more food than most are probably used to from “diets” because it is not a temporary diet – it is a healthy lifestyle. The amount that you would eat at a healthier weight is what is being proposed, and the expectation is for you to lose slowly, but permanently.
If you are finding it difficult to finish all the food and/or are feeling poorly as you progress, do feel free to post here the following information, and I will check the numbers for you:
Sample day from the menu
Degree to which you follow it (and if not 100%, what changes you make)
Age, gender, height, weight, weight goal, and physical activity level

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.