Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Mgelnette 3 years ago

I also struggle with sliding. I do well for a few days, then I’m right back to my old habits! Reading that I shouldn’t attempt to be perfect makes me think because I’ve used that as an excuse to slide. I’m new to this app and feel committed to start fresh. I’ve had some medical issues come up (and I’m only 38), that will hopefully motivate me to make and live healthier

Jillanemcgahhey 3 years ago

Thank You for those encouraging words.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

Hi, Jillanemcgahhey. The best way is to just ease into things here. Don’t try to be perfect or beat yourself up. Backsliding (that’s what I meant) is part of the process, and can be a great way to learn what works and what doesn’t for you. Keep in mind that in general, the small changes that add up are more likely to be effective and long-lasting.

I’ve been struggling for many many years. The thing in my environment is things going on. My adult kids and my husband. 2 of my adult kids are struggling and so is my husband. There is good reasons for both but none the less it’s very stressful and every time I give in to food. My husband gets ADT shots that make him very moody. I’m learning to respond better so that’s good. My kids is a different story. All I can do is support them. But at times they are mad at me for no good reason. Just being honest. I know I need to do better.

Each slide? or step? I guess if it’s step I’m not sure what you mean. I’m sorry.

Ossie-Sharon 3 years ago

hi, Jillanemcgahhey. We are with you!
It would be good to know what triggers you. Is there a way you can remove the trigger from your environment?
Another option is to think about how to make each slide just a little bit better – even if it is stopping before a certain step, etc. Small changes can add up over time to something positive.

I’m doing terrible. I go from doing great for about a week or so then right down to the very bottom.. Today is a new day. But how many new days do I keep doing? I can’t seem to get on top for any length of time. Pray for me please.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.