Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
marlynclark 11 years ago

Some of the recommended foods are not available here in Canada and so I have been swapping some foods and combining others.
One thing I really like is Apple Crisp, so I took my apple from my snack and combined it with some yogurt and granola from my breakfast, added some cinnamon, popped it in the microwave for 3 minutes and presto… a great snack that tastes like dessert! Yumm!

apensa 11 years ago

I’m new here myself but based on what I have read so far, you might want to use your fist as a measuring target. Try to balance carbs with protein (a fist size of each). Does that make sense to some of you veterans?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, CGoode. For breakfast, you can always swap out the items for ingredients to make shakes (see the recipes here) and drink your breakfast – some of these can even be prepared the night before. Similarly, you can make rich hot cereals that include fruits and dairy, or all-inclusive muffins that you can refrigerate and reheat – or a combination of the above. You can also boil eggs in advance.
For lunch, a sandwich (or whole-grain triskets and chicken salad) is the equivalent – you can put leftovers between slices of bread, or make soups, shakes, etc., with sides of fruits and vegetables. You are on the right track.

cgoode 11 years ago

Hello Ossie, I’m having the same issues as others above. My menu’s provide sometimes too much to eat. I know that sounds silly but who can make a huge breakfast & lunch on the run? I need simplicity. Oatmeal & fruit at breakfast and salad or sandwich at lunch. What can I do to adjust my way of eating? I really want to make this work. I do like to have triskets crackers & chicken salad on them for lunch. Is this doable for the diet? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Silvergirl. No, you don’t have to eat the foods in the order given. HOWEVER, there are some important points:
1. Protein in the morning
2. Protein with carbohydrates
3. Eat most when you are most active – don’t save up most of your foods and then eat them toward the end of the day, unless that’s when you exercise
4. Don’t skip meals

Silvergirl 11 years ago

Do you have to eat all the items in the order given? Eat all breakfast items together, snack together, lunch together, or can you eat what you want when you want, as long as you eat everything on the menu. I think we all are making this harder than what it really is, because everyone is asking the same questions and have the same concerns. Tell me what my menu day should be, how should it be eaten, and I’ll be on my way. Thank you.

Hi, Bonnier. I have forwarded your question to tech support. If you need further assistance, you can use the “Contact Us” link below.

bonnier 11 years ago

How do you put your pic on the square by your name

bonnier 11 years ago

Hi I just signed up a day ago I would like to know how to put the bonus soups into the menu? and they don’t tell you how much to have of it and how many servings in the recipe

All of those items are yours to eat at the designated meal, in the recommended portions.

Kristie 11 years ago

I just started the Trim Down program a few days ago. I have looked over the daily menu ideas and am a bit confused about how much I am supposed to eat at each meal. Am I supposed to choose one item or two or what? Help 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.