Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Karen. The recipes absolutely can be frozen. In addition, you can just cut down on the ingredients according to the desired portions. For example, if you want only 1-2 servings from a recipe that originally serves 4-8, divide everything by 4 (with the exception of any saut̩ing oil amount of 1 tsp Рthis appears to be the minimum). If you have particular recipes in mind, please feel free to post them here, and I will provide calculations for you.

karenarick 11 years ago

I find the recipes to be large portions and the menus don’t really use the food prepared in reasonable time even substitutes don’t allow for this when cooking for one. Is the food prepared ahead of time and frozen just as good or does freezing take away the nutritional value.

Hi, Judy. We will develop a way for customers to see nutritional analyses of their menus. Stay tuned…

judystrimdownclub 11 years ago

How do I get a total protein, carb, fat, sodium, etc for my menu plan? I want to develop an eating habit basid on my intake of each

TrimMe 11 years ago

I like the idea of walking in place in front of the TV

Hi, William. First, it is generally recommended to combine a protein with a carb, especially in the earlier part of the day, but if the snack is later in the day, then fruit alone is just fine (if it is just one or two pieces).
As for the pattern – you can choose for yourself, keeping in mind the main principles of fresh, whole, unprocessed foods, minimal sugar (except for the occasional treat), low-fat, good fats, protein in the morning, at least 5 fruits and vegetables throughout the day. I would suggest using the 14-day sample menu to guide you – though since you are a tall man, you can add about 25% to it. Remember that exercise helps, even if it is just walking a little each day, even in place in front of the TV.

williamrcorrigan 11 years ago

can i just choose my own menu choices vs using the planner? example at bfast i need x of each food group, same for snack 1 etc etc vs you telling me what to eat? also can i eat fruit when i am hungry or do i need to have protien with it?

Hi, William. If you input your height and weight and only received oatmeal and berries for breakfast, that is a technical glitch, and I would highly recommend that you send a message through the “Contact Us” link below.
As for free vegetables – absolutely! Fill up!!

williamrcorrigan 11 years ago

I find my menu planner results quite small and almost boring yet when I look at the alternative recepies (by clicking on them) they have way more fat an calories then the item they are replacing. I am 6 feet and weigh 200lbs. A small bowl of oatmeal and some berries just is not enough for breakfast.

Another example is that the menu will say something like ‘1/2 cup green beans’ yet beans are a free veggie that can be eaten anytime so why the limitation? Can I add veggies at all meals to fill me up?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.