Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
queenpea 11 years ago

I was told I had fibromyalgia 3 years ago. I was put on prednisone and gained 70 pounds. I have been pain free four months now and prednisone free. I got the attitude to save myself and came off of processed foods. I knew nothing of this program(wish I did from the start). It would have been a lot easier. I needed to be educated to eat healthy. The other programs I tried promoted too much processed foods. Their money maker. I started losing weight but the pain did not stop until I started eating healthy. I feel so good. To get up in the morning and not think about whether if this is going to be a pain free day or not is such a relief. This program is the ticket. It is so convenient and take a lot of guessing out of eating. So far, going at it alone I have lose 20 plus in a month. I feel great, I walk a lot and I feel like I am getting a grip on me. After all IT’S ALL ABOUT ME. I made me a t-shirt to remind me, IT’S ALL ABOUT ME. I also made one that says: BRINGING BACK SEXY (smile). If I have to choose between not losing another pound and no pain from learning to eat healthy…well I choose the later. There is hope fibro suffers. Don’t continue to make the manufactuers rich while you get pill addicted and sicker. Be happy for this program’s help and make IT ALL ABOUT YOU. Good luck and happy transformation.

Imdonnam 11 years ago

Thank you for sharing your stories. I too have suffered with fibromyalgia for about 16 years and lack of exercise has caused weight gain. I also have a bulging lower spine and arthritis. Plus many many stressful things in my life, including my 20 yr old sons death. It’s too overwhelming to even think of all that has gone wrong in the past 20 years for me to write about. I just happened on this site a few hours ago and have found it to be very helpful. Blessings

Taaberg 11 years ago

I’m glad you are still here with all you’ve been through. I feel connected to you in the whole fibromyalgia, many surgeries, gaining weight sort of way. I just started on here last week and boy have I learned a lot this past week. It took me forever in the grocery store to learn what many ingredients are and where to find them. I hope that will be better from now on. I lost one of my son’s to suicide 2 1/2 years ago. He was only 15. Unfortunately my then 7 and 18 year old were with me when we found my son. The 3 of us gained a ton of weight since that time and I really didn’t care how I looked. I’m trying to care more now, especially for my kids. I need to show a good example for my 10 year old and really want him to get healthier. He has Asberger’s so hard to get him to eat a variety. So far, he’s been trying his best but we all have a lot to learn. I bought a Tai Chi DVD from Amazon online called “The 24 Forms” by Dr. Lam. I’ve only done it twice so far and only 5 to 10 minutes at a time which is what my doc said to do especially due to fibro. It looks and seems easy when you do it but have definitely felt it later, although it has been doable compared to anything else. So, if you’re looking for an exercise that you can maybe handle with the fibro I would recommend Tai Chi. My doc said to start with one form and then gradually add on every week so I’m going to do that. I’m going to see if I can get my 10 year old to do it with me tonight. Wish me luck and keep in touch with how you are doing and how you feel.

RaveonaTabu 11 years ago

I have had Fibromyalgia for the past 13years…yay! Lol I am kidding of course. I am super easy down to earth type of person~ I am a great listener, I have been known to be goofy person which now I embrace the term weird. I do this because its who I am &making people laugh comes easily to me. Now about breast cancer I am now 3years into my
Survivor from a rare form of BC that was so aggressive I went from stage 2 to stage 3 within one month, so being told I has stage 2and when they opened me up I was in stage 3!
All within a month. Then after I moved right as chemo was ending as my husband got a job in fl. My life has been one thing after another, as I needed back surgery,….wow I thought to myself anymore on my plate I’m going to drop it.lol. Anyways,so this brings me here I’ve been in bed for nearly three years waiting to get my life back. I gained so much that I don’t feel like myself at all. I hate the way my clothes fit,walking around self conscious is a terrible way to live. So,I’m here to learn…. Support anyone. And to get back to a healthier me not a skinner me. I’m not 20 lol. But I need a new me after all I’ve been through to live happy longer for myself &my family. Thank you for reading this. Have a blessed day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.