Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Cathy. The issue is that your weight is perfect for your height, so it will resist going lower, and a greater reduction may not be healthy for you.
If you are feeling like your clothes are not fitting well or that you don’t like the way you look, swapping out a type of exercise to work new muscles may help you get toned – note, though, that muscle weighs more than fat, so the number on the scale not change or may even rise a little even if you actually look slimmer.
If you want tips, you can post your query in the “Fitness” forum in the community here, and a trainer will get back to you.

cathylchilds 10 years ago

Hi there. Thanks for replying so quickly. Here are some of my details
1. No I really have not been a a diet before except when I was 18 and counted calories.
2.Age 50, height 5ft 4inches, weight now is 116
3. Walk quite vigourously about 3 -4 km three times a week for about 40-45 mins.
4. My typical days menu is pretty much the same except I change the evening meal to incorporate variety for my family. Typical day includes the following

Breakfast: one weetabix, pinenuts, sultanas, fruit (either banana or berries) tablespoon of greek style yoghurt.
Snack : handful of almonds
Lunch: 2 slices of gluten free bread(full grain) or burgen pumpkin seed bread. one poached omega 3 egg/or some white chicken breast with avocado/spinach/tomato/cucumber
snack: fruit or handfull of almonds
Dinner: poached salmon/or chicken/ with brown rice and vegetables (mix of spinach, brocolli, carrots)
Have some stir fries /pork and veg. Or piece of eye fillet steak with veg
Dessert: Greek style yoghurt with fruit or slice of very dark chocolate with anti oxidants.

I drink alot of water and i also drink green tea every day.

Last weekend had a few glasses of white wine with friends.
thanks
Not sure what else I can do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Cathy. It is possible that any combination of factors may mean that you’ve hit a plateau. I would be happy to help – just a few questions.
Have you been on diets before? What types and when was the last one?
If you wish, you are welcome to post your age, height, weight, physical activity regime, and a sample day from the menu you get from the Menu Planner, as well as how closely you follow it – I can run some calculations based on all your answers.

cathylchilds 10 years ago

Hello, I started this programme on the 13th August and have lost 3 pounds in a month. Is this usual as I was hoping to have lost a little more. I have been on the same weight now for the last 2 weeks with no weight reduction at all. I am worried that I am stuck at this weight as I am eating as planned and doing my exercising. Any words of advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.