Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

300 mg cholesterol per day is the upper limit recommended by the National Academy of Sciences and American Heart Association. For people at very high cardiovascular risk, some organizations recommend 200 mg. In the Trim Down Club menu, you only get to 300 and higher if you eat one or more eggs per day.

Bruce 11 years ago

300mg seems like alot to me. I don’t normally take in that much in a day, your saying that is normal and ok for most people?

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, Bruce. The amount of fat in a typical plan is about 25% of total calories, and cholesterol is generally around 300 mg. If you need a special plan, please do select non-fat/skim dairy products and lean meats or vegetarian substitutes whenever possible, and perhaps try egg whites instead of the whole egg. I’m not sure where you would find a lot of cholesterol in fish – is there a certain type and/or source of information you are using? We would be happy to look into it.

Bruce 11 years ago

The menus seem to be very high in fats and cholesterol. I am borderline on cholesterol and daily amount of eggs, dairy and cheese amounts are more than I have every eatin in my life. I’m a bit concerned of the long term effect of eating so much of these items. Even the amount of fish has quite a bit of cholesterol.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.