Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
JenniferHagen 11 years ago

Thanks Ossie. I’m on my second week and doing really good. I have five kids and I’m constantly on the go. I haven’t had to worry about fast food yet but I know the day is coming. Looks like I should order a salad from places like McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell since there are no other real options. I was thinking a vege sub on whole grain bread from subway would be another way to go. Thank goodness I’m not a big soda pop or dessert person:)

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Go for the plainest thing there – no deep frying, no cheese, and certainly no double anything unless it is a fresh vegetable. Many fast food restaurants these days also have veggie burgers and salads. With salads, again, avoid any high-fat red flag items such as cold cuts, cheeses, and croutons, and go easy on the dressing (unless it’s lemon juice). DEFINITELY don’t get sugary drinks, and avoid desserts.
See the online guide – Staying Strong When the Routine is Gone for more tips.

JenniferHagen 11 years ago

If you are stuck eating fast foods for a meal on the weekend or on vacation with your kids-does anyone have recommendations on what to order that would do the least damage:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.