Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Jayney. A night off results in the fastest gain, because the water comes on. Also, don’t forget that increases in muscle from increases in physical activity add pounds from muscle – which is heavier but healthier than fat. If you go back to normal, the water weight will come off, and then (after a few days) check to see if you are looking different.

Jayney8 10 years ago

Hi im feeling really upset this morning. Last week i weighed 10 stone 12 and was so pleased with myself. I weighed in this morning exactly a week later and ive put on 3pounds! Why can that be possible when ive been doing some kettlebell exercises for toning and only last night i had a night off due to my husbands works party. Do you think its last night that could have put on the 3 pounds or the kettlebell exercises. Am I never going to be lower than 11 stone? Is this my ideal weight for my age or do i carry on with the diet ? I would appreciate your help.

Hannabanana 10 years ago

I haven’t been on any restrictive diets for a few years. I did WW several years ago with no results at all. In the meantime I have been eating healthy food and moderate portions. I already drink plenty of water, including in the morning. In summer I swim and winter I walk but can’t do much heavy exercise due to spinal stenosis.
Thanks for your help. Will persevere for another couple of weeks and see what happens before I pull out.

Hi, Hanna. It looks like your intake matches what you would need at your goal weight, at your current physical activity level. My next question would therefore be if you have been on weight loss diets before – if so, what types? Following restrictive diets, the body’s metabolism is often slowed way down, which can impede weight loss. This is especially true when you start eating normally, as you are doing now. It is likely that you need to give your system time to adjust. However, you can give your metabolism a real a boost by changing your exercise type or content a little to work new muscles. It is also recommended to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, not skimp on nightly sleep, and drink a glass of cool water in the morning.

Hannabanana 10 years ago

Thanks Ossie. Here goes.
age 70, height 5 foot 4 inches, weight 186 pounds.
menu…..
1/4 cup ricotta, 1 cup oat cereal with skim milk and 1 ts. chia seeds
1 apple peeled.

2 rye crackers with 2 tablespoons cottage cheese and a few blueberries on top

4 ounces turkey with 3 serves steamed veges and half cup cooked quinoa.

2 brazil nuts and 8 raisins

3 ounces salmon plus green salad, small tomato and 1/4 cup quinoa

6 ounces low fat greek yoghurt and a few blueberries with a sprinkle of hazelnuts.

Hi, Hanna. I’m happy to help, I just need a little information.
Can you post your age, height, weight, and a sample day from your menu planner? I will run some calculations and get back to you here.

Hannabanana 10 years ago

I have been faithfully following the programme for over 2 weeks but haven’t lost even a tiny amount. I love the programme and the way it works but I need to lose 20 lbs to please the doc. ps. I don’t cheat. I do half an hour moderate exercise a day. Thats all I can manage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.