Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, spesta. Everyone loses weight at a different pace, but about 3 months might be realistic for 15 lbs – as you noted, about 2 lbs per week, but making room for a few plateaus here and there.

spesta 5 years ago

Thank you! Yes, I’ll go slow and steady. Considering 80% is diet to achieving fat loss, using this eating program, what timeline can I use to lose 15lbs? I.e., 2lbs a week? I also understand muscle v fat ratios while exercising. It can show in inches lost. However, I’m just looking for a guideline to be in the range of 15 lb loss?
Assuming all goes well. Thank you!

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, spesta. A combination of those is considered ideal. Start with a cardio pace or weight that is comfortable for you, then a basic amount of time each day or every other day, e.g. 5-10 minutes. Then increase the time, frequency, and intensity a little each few days until you get to a recommended amount such as 1 hour more days, using a moderate intesity (meaning vigorous, but where you can still breath comfortably) and weight (e.g. 5-10 lbs). You should add to this some balance and flexibility exercises, such as yoga and/or pilates. Getting to this goal should take perhaps a month or two if you are very new. Keep in mind that you are still doing good things for your body even if it takes a while. If you hit a weight loss plateau (in which you stop losing), change the exercises you do to wake up new muscles. We offer sample videos to get you started inside our “8 Week Program” – scroll to the bottom of the pages for Weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7.

spesta 5 years ago

As a new user to this and coming from a place of not exercising for a long time, what is considered an ideal exercise plan? How many times per week? Cardio v. light weights or a class incorporating weight resistance. With the goal of 15 lbs to lose. What is a reasonable time expectation to achieve my goal?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.