Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Globee1 11 years ago

This exchange was good for me too. I copied and pasted the info Ossie posted as, because of suffering various conditions (see ‘Medication and Diet’ (Diet & Nutrition) and medication for life, I increased weight from 63 kilos to 76 kilos gradually over 4 years, and I’m 5′ 4″. I’ve felt so sluggish because of constant pain that I was ready for throwing the towel in. However, recently was pleased to have a proper weighing in at the hospital and was told I’d lost almost 4 kilos since my last visit. I struggle to exercise because of pain of fibromyalgia but I try to keep moving and have tried to stick to the recipes I love in the programme. So it was good news as I never believed that this would work! So Alexis and R2b2 – don’t give up! Persevere and you’ll soon start reaping the rewards!

leonajo 11 years ago

I agree with Cynt. You need to have faith in yourself and stick with it.
“You must be the change you want to see” http://thepowerofgratitude.shawwebspace.ca

Cynt 11 years ago

Lots of fat people marry..it’s all in your attitude..your wt is making you miserable…soooo come on and stick with us..in 6 mts you’ll be a new you!!

alexis reynier 11 years ago

hi can i marry someone, im fat and lonely

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, r2b2. You need each day about 200 grams of carbohydrates, 73-95 grams of protein (though the program gives you over 100), and 65-70 grams of fat. The ratio between these should be for every gram of fat, 1.5-2 grams of protein, and 2.5-3 grams of carbohydrates.

r2b2 11 years ago

Hi Ossie,
Sorry I did not respond sooner. Have been away for two days. My height is 5′ 5″ and 95 kg. Hope this helps. Thank you

Hi, r2b2. Could you list your height and weight?

r2b2 11 years ago

Hi Ossie, Thank you for your response but I live in a small country town and am unable to get lots of the food. I work full time, care for my husband and try to set time aside for my grandchildren as a priority. I am time poor so would love to know the basics to be sure I am getting the correct proportions of everything. I have picked out certain things from various days which I use constantly. Hope you can help me.

Hi, R2B2 – just follow the menus you get from the Menu Planner – that is the basic pattern.

r2b2 11 years ago

OSSIE Re your response to Jacqueline. What is the rule for us regular people with little exercise – for meals and snacks. And where is fruit in all of this.

1 carb exchange is equal to 1 slice of bread, 1/2 cup cereal or cooked grains, a handful of crackers, 1 small tortilla or wrap, 1 potato, etc.
1 protein exchange is equal to 1 ounce of meat or meat substitute, a cup of milk or 6 oz yogurt, 1 ounce of cheese, 1 egg, 2 Tbsp nuts or seeds.
1 fat exchange is equal to a teaspoon of oil or butter, 1 oz avocado, 1 Tbsp salad dressing, etc.

Jacqueline 11 years ago

Please clarify When you say 3 carbs, 2 proteins, & 1 fat. As I am very new to all this lingo! Thanks so much.

Yes – it is recommended that you add 3 carbs, 2 proteins, and a fat each day to your program, preferably between “major” meals.

Deljaid 11 years ago

I have been doing the TrimDown program for 2 weeks and have had great success. However, the day after I do alot of exercise (running between 4-6 miles) I find that I am hungry all day long. Should I be adjusting my portion sizes/food intake to account for the extra activity?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.