Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Nordicdude1. We don’t recommend products like Ideal Shake that contain artificial and ultra-processed ingredients. Shakes are fine in place of snacks once in a while, but we encourage whole food-based types like Garden of Life Raw Meal or Vega One. We also have an extensive collection of shake and smoothie recipes that provide a lot of good nutrition.

Nordicdude1 4 years ago

I have used the Ideal shake meal replacement shakes in the past. I am wondering if anyone know the exchanges for one of these shakes? Also, is it bad to use the meal replacement shakes in a pinch?

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, SheaHill. The “Exchange mode” doesn’t quite function the same way for the keto menus as it does for the regular low-carbohydrate menus. To use it to create your keto meals, you will need to deselect keto from your profile, then generate a new menu so that the “Exchange mode” reveals the exchanges you are allotted per meal and day. Remember that to make your menu personalized, click on the circular arrow icon on the far right of each meal header, then select foods to fill the exchanges. To make it keto, make the following substitutions:
1. For every “carbohydrate” exchange, use two “fat” exchanges
2. For every “fruit” exchange, use either a non-starchy vegetable or a low-carbohydrate fruit (raspberries, strawberries, cantaloupe, casaba melon).

SheaHill 4 years ago

I dont quite understand the exchange mode. Please explain what it’s for and understand how to apply it to my meal plan.

Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Evalen. Click on the “Exchange mode” icon in the toolbar above your menu, and you will see the exchanges listed per food, meal, and day.

Evalen 4 years ago

Sorry about so many questions.
How do I find out how many exchanges I should have.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.