Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
starr2157 7 years ago

Thanks Janette. I am sure i will find different menus to choose from.

jeanette.pimm 7 years ago

It takes some getting use to Starr. Select all your favourites in the food groups and choose something from each food group for each meal. You’ll know when you’ve done enough because the food group buttons go from grey to blue. Then choose the personal planner menu option as it has more flexibility.

starr2157 7 years ago

Hi i have just joined and put in my foods into the meal planner but it has given me a weekly menu with the same foods every day so not much change…it sounds boring already 🙁
What have i done wrong?

jeanette.pimm 7 years ago

Hello Ladies, I joined TDC 4 weeks ago and am still struggling with some of the foods. It’s not so bad when it comes to the menu as I chose the personal planner option but very difficult with the recipes. A lot of them (especially the baking) have unusual or hard to get ingredients which our supermarkets do not stock or stock in very small packages.

I also wish they would give weights for some things where it says cups, it’s much easier to weigh things like carrots and grapes rather than stuffing them in a cup measure. It is difficult to get uncured meat, I thought all ham, gammon, bacon is cured during the preparation process. I have had bacon and ham but avoided smoked as extra salt and sugar is added during the process (I think).

I must admit that the whole thing is taking up a lot more of my time than I anticipated but I am not going to give up. It’s not just the meal prep it’s doing the menus and getting to grips with everything. I too am struggling to get the six meals in on my work days and also cannot afford some of the more expensive ingredients.

Jen thanks for your tip on Holland and Barratt, I will have to give them a try.

jenfroggatt 7 years ago

I chose the first menu option, then click on the top right hand corner and it brings up an option to change your foods. It tells you if you are within the percentage of a healthy diet mine is usually 84 to 86 %.
I choose Weetabix, porridge, fruit with almond milk. Or Egg and granary bread.
I don’t think TDC would want us to be despondent. I do my menu before breakfast for the day. Those who work could do it the night before.

colgeoff 7 years ago

I am confused by uncured meat, my breakfast is not very exciting seems to consist of poultry, ham/ gammon uncured, 2 slices of wholemeal bread and a peach

jenfroggatt 7 years ago

I buy a Gammon joint to boil but it says it is cured. Don’t think we get any uncured meats. If anyone in the U K knows, can they reply to the topic please.

jenfroggatt 7 years ago

What I’ve noticed is that the protein is halve in weight that I would normally have at a meal. The TDC is spreading it between the six meals.

tizzywizzy08 7 years ago

I think the foods to avoid are orange juice, marg, gm foods, sweetener , and making sure you have the right bread. could be wrong. I find that this diet is one you need to study what you need to be eating and not eating. I have not started it yet I am going shopping at the weekend so will try and complete my menus and then make a shopping list from there. I just don’t think I will manage to get 6 meals into a day.

jenfroggatt 7 years ago

Hi pillowlamp, you can download all the info books. Click on downloads after you have logged in. A cup is 240 mls. Click top right on the menus and you can change to suit. Don’t give up just yet. Jen

Pillowlamp 7 years ago

hi I have just joined today and am finding it very confusing with the American menus.i’m not able to find the foods in the uk.wondering if I have wasted my money.i have only found out about 3 foods not to eat when do I find out about the other 2

JulieKennard 7 years ago

I have struggled to find some of the more exotic foods – some we don’t seem to get unlike the states. I have adjusted my menu in the personal menu planner section so I don’t get these foods coming up.

I find some vegetables are just renamed. I did have a google to see what the strange ones are and see if I could get a good substitute instead.

jenfroggatt 7 years ago

I’m enjoying it so far. In my usual diet, I would eat a lot of the vegetables that are in the 1 serving list eg tomatoes peppers.cabbage Brussels. I have introduced nuts for snacks. I’m thinking its small amounts of protein together with carbs. I would eat lots of protein and not much carbs. We’ll see if it works when I weigh on Saturday. Keep in touch. Jen.

tizzywizzy08 7 years ago

Thank you Jen. How are you finding it? I am still working out what I need to put on my shopping list and have started a new job so need to work a way around eating the 6 meals into my day.

jenfroggatt 7 years ago

I just had a small order from Holland and Barrett. 100% fruit jam for free spread. Some dark chocolate buttons and some assorted bags of nuts. I only joined last Saturday Paula.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.