Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
ywomen 11 years ago

Hi, I have been workin on my weight for 3 1/2 years. Do to health problems and some of the meds they had me on I gained alot highest ever 345 now I have lost 150 now at 195. I go to the ymca 5-6 times a week. Both those machines are great, and other machines, plus water zumba, yoga and lots of weight machine. Learning more changes will help me to get 50 more off at 5’3.

determined 11 years ago

Oh, I forgot- I also have beaten cancer, for now. I had breast cancer, a lumpectomy and radiation.

I have 3 remaining children out of 5, worked a raw milk dairy for 15 years, (jersey cows and nubian goats) and went to work outside the home, for the first time, at 48 years of age.

Just saying- little by little–

When doing the treadmill, work more minutes in, increase the angle ( I do grade 3 and 5 for now– and so forth,. I have a companion on the tread mill with me all the time. My 12 year old shihtzu-chihuahua mix. happy day.

determined 11 years ago

dI am 76, a widow, and not giving up. I have a treadmill and a Total Gym to try to make myself get motivated and lose little by little, since I am well aware, we can not lose everything over night.

My suggestion to anyone- start for 15 minutes at a time. try speed selection at 2.5 for 5 min-then 3 for 5 min. =then 3.5 for 5 min.

I have arthritis and a 6 inch pin and 4 screw implant in my back. I was very athletic and a physical worker all my life until retirement a year ago. Old age, and discomfort challenge me, but I will not give up!

My main reason for being here, is to succeed, and motivate others.
I weigh 180 pounds at 5’5″ and I would like to lose 40 pounds total. I hope to do so in the next year. I am a tough old lady, and don’t know the work QUIT!

hope to stay on this site for one. Not much for the daily trip, but I will try to help anyone if I can. Only through my experience, not to be a know it all. I am a positive thinker, a well wisher, and believe all of us are equal. Some need a little help, mentally, physically, or emotionally.

I lost two sons, and a husband, 9 years apart. Year 1991, 2000, and 2009- The boys were 33, 37, and husband of 54 years, was 83- 14 years older than me.

That is basics for me. Hope we can touch base. Old fashioned or not, I am hopeful.

Cindy

JPJsnewplan 11 years ago

I have a treadmill but it is collecting dust because I don’t run on it and you could walk an hour on it and maybe burn off a half a bagel. I just bought an elliptical for christmas and I love it. There is an elliptical at SAMs club called a preform ce. I like it because it has three stride adjustments.. Very important to consider when buying an E machine.

Slimcowgirl 11 years ago

Hi, maybe you get a chance to try out both machines? I have a treadmill since a few years and I love it. I find it the best way to loose weight. I’m planing to sign up for a run this summer so I have to go on the treadmill to practice and be fit and ready for that run. Over the last few years I realized that I get lazy if I don’t set a goal for myself – like a run.
Plus for fun I take Line Dance lessons – besides sweating it’s good for my brain and I get to meet other people.
Hope you find the right machine.

lckychrm914 11 years ago

I am in the market to get a workout machine for my home. i work 2 jobs and though ive been on this program, not having any luck in the weightloss dept…its extremely hard to gt to the gym, when my body is tired, but feeling about having something i can do at home, instead of always trying to fig out a way to get to the gym.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.