Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Rowan. Don’t fight it! It’s great that you’re in tune with your satiety cues, and we would definitely encourage you to go with those. You can substitute things, cut back on carbs, whatever keeps you happy. Just be sure of the following:
1. Get at least 5 total fruit+vegetable servings each day
2. Get at least 3 servings of calcium-rich foods/beverages each day
3. Don’t load up at night, when you may be least active
4. Get at least 3 meals per day
5. Get a good source of protein in the morning
6. And of course, don’t eat so little that your menu starts to resemble a “crash diet”.
If you want to post a sample day of what you could comfortably eat, I would be happy to evaluate it for you.

rowan888 8 years ago

I know the point of this plan is to keep a nutritional balance and not feel hungry however I feel as if I am eating for the sake of eating, just overeating and always bloated and full. One of my difficulties is eating bread or bread products as part of the plan as I always just crave more carbs when I eat bread. I know I can substitute other things like rice cakes etc. but they really just don’t ‘go’ with a boiled egg and in the past I would not have had any carbs in the morning. Another difficulty is that I have not eaten this many carbs or in fact this amount of food per day in years, and I think my body just doesn’t know what has hit it or what to do with it all! Can I safely cut down on amounts / number of snacks per day and still have the balance required?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.