Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, SheaHill. The best creamer is the natural type – if you use light cream, then you can use more of it and it will still be keto-friendly. If you want to sweeten anything, we recommend Stevia and erythritol.
To get to the 3+3 menu pattern, deselect the keto choice in the “Dietary Needs” area of your profile, then generate a new menu (link in the toolbar above your current menu). Once you have a generic pattern, you can modify the meals by clicking on the circular arrow icon on the far right side of each meal header – you will be brought to an area in which you can select foods as you wish, guided by exchanges to meet your nutritional needs. For it to be keto, just make the following substitutions:
Instead of each “carbohydrate” exchange, select two “fat” exchanges
Instead of each “fruit” exchange, select a “vegetable” exchange. If you really like fruit, then try to stick to the lowest carbohydrate options like raspberries, strawberries, canteloupe, and casaba melon.
For the “sweet” exchange, stick to low-sugar, keto-friendly desserts like dark chocolate. See our recipe collection for ideas.

SheaHill 4 years ago

Yes I would like to try the keto 3 meals + 3 snacks. Please explain. Also can I use a creamer in my coffee? If yes, which creamer?

Thank you

SheaHill 4 years ago

Yes I would like to know try the keto 3 meals + 3 snacks. Please explain. Also can I use a creamer in my coffee? If yes, which creamer?

Thank you

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, SheaHill. Absolutely! Coffee itself is “free” and doesn’t need to be counted in your menu, and if you like it sweetened, we recommend high-quality low-carbohydrate Stevia and erythritol.
Regarding the meals, the keto pattern (what you have) is three meals + snacks – but coffee in between is fine. It is the regular low-carbohydrate pattern that has 3 meals + 3 snacks. If you would like the latter pattern but with keto, please let me know, and I will explain how to do it here.

SheaHill 4 years ago

Can I have coffee in between meals or as often as I like each day? Can I put a creamer or something in it, or do I have to drink it black? My meal planner only allows 3 meals and 1 snack and I’m finding myself hungry in between meals. I think if I can drink coffee maybe that will help me last til the next meal. Please help!!

Ossie-Sharon 4 years ago

Hi, Kennyaltis86. Those are both wonderful, the best there is! You can also have coffee with stevia and steeped waters.

Kennyaltis86 4 years ago

What all am I allowed to drink? Is sweet tea OK as long as I use stevia as the sweetner? Is lemon water OK? Thanks for input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.