Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Nicolebolin 10 years ago

I have found you can use the same fruit with ice and make smoothie which is a lot easier to clean up then a juicer. I have put may juicer way on the top shelf. I drink two a day, one in the morning (great to have on the drive to work) and the other for afternoon snack.

annienecole 10 years ago

In the past I juiced with my champion juicer, but I traded it out for a Blendtec which I have found is much better because then you get the fiber needed from foods, and it blends it thoroughly. For me it was a great way to make soups and other healthy drinks, and sneak some foods in that were healthy for me but had a hard time eating. Good luck!

greenbean7878 10 years ago

I used to be a juicing addict and lost weight, but my lipid profile was sky-high! Why? Because of the GI (Glycemic Index) hit. When you juice there is a lot of sugar (especially fruits) and there is no way to slow absorption down because there is no fiber. I switched to blending with a Vita-Mix to save the fiber and added a protein mix. This slowed the absorption rate way down and now I’m on the right track and my lipid profile reflects it.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, tmontgomery, and welcome. This program is based on whole foods, so that you can find a way of eating that you can sustain long-term. The type of weight loss promoted through juicing is faster, but is generally temporary, and the weight can come back.
Juicing can be an addition to the program, substituting for a small part of fruits or vegetables (some Club members use it to get a lot of fruits and vegetables on-the-go) – though whole fruits and vegetables are still much, much better for your metabolism because they provide more fiber.
As you start this program, do read through the introductory materials (in My Downloads, above), then try the Menu Planner to plan out your daily menus, and ease into them – start with foods you have, and gradually trade them in for healthier versions that you like (it is very important that you stick only with what you like, to ensure you can continue long-term). As your body gets used to healthy amounts of normal foods, there may be a period of adjustment before you start to lose weight, but again, this is the healthiest way to go, and leads to long-term results. Exercise can jumpstart your metabolism and is recommended, even if it is not intense – again, ease into a program, and build your way up to a good amount each week.

tmontgomery 10 years ago

I have a co-worker who bought a juicer and started juicing and in 12 days she lost 10 pounds. Has anyone tried this? Has anyone else lost weight on “Juicing” too. I just signed up for this site last night. Does anyone have any great loss tips. Sadly I have 80 pounds to lose… I have lost 50 before being on diet pills but I gained the weight back. I want to do this the healthy way and exercise. I am actually motivated and want to run my first 5K in October. Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.