Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, stgeofun. Have you been on weight loss diets before? For people who have been through the process before, especially with deprivation-type or low-calorie diets, it is harder for the body to lose weight at first. The best solution is to add a type of exercise, even if it is just walking in place in front of the TV for the length of a show, to get your metabolism up.
Other than that, if you want, you can provide some details here about your case, and I can do some calculations – height, weight, age, exercise level/schedule.

stgeofun 11 years ago

Ossie,
I have been following this plan for almost 3 weeks now and have only lost 1.5 pounds. I believe in the health benefits of this program, but have to admit, that without losing some weight, I find it harder to keep motivated. I think this Diet pattern will help me too. I will try it!

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

This feature will be offered in the future. In the meantime, the following are your patterns:
You
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit
AM Snack: 1 starch, 1 dairy/substitute protein, 1 fruit or vegetable
Lunch: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
PM Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 protein, 1 fruit or vegetable
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
Night Snack: 1 starch or sweet, 1 protein
Each starch is a slice of bread or 1/2 cup cooked/prepared grain or cereal; each dairy/substitute protein is 1 cup of milk, 6 oz of yogurt or 1 oz of cheese; each meat/substitute protein is 1 oz of meat/poultry/fish/seitan, etc.; each fat is 1 tsp oil or 1 Tbsp. salad dressing or sauce, or 2 Tbsp coconut milk; each fruit is a piece of fruit (except banana, which is half) or 1 cup of most fruits; each vegetable is a cup except for free vegetables (you will find a link to the list at the end of your menu from the Menu Planner).

Husband
Breakfast: 2 starches, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fat, 1 fruit
AM Snack: 1 starch, 2 dairy/substitute proteins, 1 fruit or vegetable
Lunch: 2 starches, 3 proteins, 1 fat, 1-2 vegetables
PM Snack: 1 starch, 2 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit or sweet
Dinner: 2 starches, 2 proteins, 1 fat, 1 vegetable
Night Snack: 1 protein and either 1 starch, fruit, sweet, or fat
Each starch is a slice of bread or 1/2 cup cooked/prepared grain or cereal; each dairy/substitute protein is 1 cup of milk, 6 oz of yogurt or 1 oz of cheese; each meat/substitute protein is 1 oz of meat/poultry/fish/seitan, etc.; each fat is 1 tsp oil or 1 Tbsp. salad dressing or sauce, or 2 Tbsp coconut milk; each fruit is a piece of fruit (except banana, which is half) or 1 cup of most fruits; each vegetable is a cup except for free vegetables (you will find a link to the list at the end of your menu from the Menu Planner).

djtrimkamp 11 years ago

Is it possible to get my diet pattern to make it easier for planning my own meals?
I am diabetic, approximately 5’3 and 136.5 lbs. My husband is also following the diet and is approximately 5’10 and 165.5 lbs.

Thank you.
Judie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.