Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, mscommart. Those items are high in sugar, but the body often reacts to them differently than foods high in refined sugar if the right choices are made. For example, whole grain bread – particularly “sprouted” – has less of an impact, and the impact can be further reduced if the bread is consumed with a protein food such as cheese or hummus. Fresh fruits, or even canned fruit in its own juice, has less of an impact than dried fruits or juices because they contain both fiber and water, which buffer your system and provide nutrients that help the body deal with insulin imbalance. There actually isn’t very much of these items in the program (just 2-3 servings per day of fruit, for example), and an overall 45% of energy from carbohydrdates (even less available carbohydrates if good high-fiber selections are made), compared to up to 70% in regular diets. If you find that your blood sugar does not respond well to the menus here, you can repost here, and I would be happy to help you.

mscommart 5 years ago

it is my understanding fruits and breads are high in sugar content. In fact the breads turn into glucose (sugar) and there seems to be a large amount of bread and fruit. How is this good for diabetics?

Ossie-Sharon 5 years ago

Hi, LeightonR. This program is based on principles of diabetes care, so you’ve come to the right place. Our menus are low in carbohydrates and sugar, especially as you advance to the personal version of the Menu Planner, and select foods according to our color-coded lists, wherein the foods listed in the lighter blue shades are the most suitable for diabetics.

LeightonR 5 years ago

I am border line diabetic is this plan good foe me . my diet should be low carb and sugar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.