Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

I suggest you go through the menu planner again, as we have implemented measures to limit how many fruits (and carbs in general) are recommended at each meal, to be friendly to diabetics. Again, if you spread your fruits out throughout the day and don’t eat them in combination with a bunch of other carbs, it should be OK. If you are still concerned, you can swap fruits out with green (non-starchy) vegetables.

Carol 11 years ago

I am on diabetic and cardiac diets. What are the portion sizes and where can I find nutritional values.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hopefully you are in contact with your family physician or endocrinologist regarding your dieting plans. As far as fruit goes, single servings of whole fruits spread out throughout the day is best to control blood sugar. Trim Down Club intentionally does not include more than 3 ADA-sized exchanges of carbohydrates per meal. If you are carbohydrate-counting, this is generally the recommended level. If you need something special, please do inquire.

susant 11 years ago

the large amount of fruits counteracts reasonable amts of sugar for diabetics–what do you suggest?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.