Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Roseamato. First, rest assured that the Trim Down Club program is based on principles of diabetic health. Second, the Menu Planner application takes your nutritional needs into account and automatically provides the right exchanges – when you get your menu, click on “Exchange mode” in the toolbar above the menu, and you will see your exchanges. These are nearly identical to those of the American Diabetic Association.

roseamato 9 years ago

I am also diabetic. I am trying to figure out how many of each food group to have at each meal. This is my first week and need to count fruit and milk as a carb also. I don’t take shots so can break the food down into 5-6 meals but it would be helpful to plan my own menus if I knew how many carbs, fat and protein to have at each time and if it should be carbs in fruit, milk, or other carbs. Any help would be appreciated. I want to succeed and need to lose weight and get a handle on living with diabetes. Thank you, Rose

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, RGJohnson. What is your current schedule for meals and shots? We recommend at least 3 meals per day, and of course, diabetics are recommended to have a snack before bedtime. You can, of course, divide the food in the snacks into the rest of the meals. If your kidney function is normal, you can “save” carbs by eating trading some of the starchy items for additional ounces of protein and/or cups of vegetables.

RGJohnson 9 years ago

I’m insulin dependent and do not want to add three shots to cover snacks. Any suggestions??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.