Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Ossie-Sharon 8 years ago

Hi, Susan. It may also help to include a significant source of protein with those carbohydrates.

SierraSusan 8 years ago

I had cantaloupe for supper night, with brown rice, barley mixed with tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers and spiked with lemon. I was very satisfied, however my blood sugar spiked to 178 this morning, the highest I’ve seen for a month. So…either I’m eating too late in the evening (7:30 pm) as my husband is not home before 7; or cantaloupe is definitely too much of a good thing! I guess I need to substitute more vegies or only eat half the amount of fruit recommended. Usually my blood sugars stay in the 90s.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, Wyselady. According to the feedback we have gotten, absolutely! We actually designed this program on the principles of a diabetic diet. Note that the fruits are spread out throughout the day, and are generally accompanied by a protein; further, the 2-1/2 cups we post actually equal 2-1/2 carbs (15 grams of carbohydrates each). If you are concerned, you can always substitute for the fruit with a vegetable.

Wyselady 9 years ago

Has anyone with type 2 diabetes had success on this menu plan? I am very worried about the amount of fruits my menu has on it. 21/2 cups a day equals 5 carbs which wipes out my total diabetes food allowance per day. I am not on medication and have been controlling my sugar by diet alone, but my weight won’t go down so I wanted to try the club.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.