Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
josedeliz 9 years ago

I started using the TrimDownClub diet about one year ago and I lost 30 pounds, but my blood sugar levels were high all the time. My endocrinologist reccommended for me to use the Atkins Diabetes Revolution program and I did try it. My blood sugar levels went down but I was not losing any weight. I spoke to my nutritionist and she likes you guys and gals better, so I am back

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, LydiaG. The low sugar option here is for people who want to lower their blood sugar, and even with two servings per day of fruit, people usually do not see an increase as you have described. If your levels have been high since joining this program, I suggest you substitute one or both of your fruit choices with non-starchy vegetables.

LydiaG 9 years ago

I joined the club last Friday because during my last dr. checkup, the blood sugar was high and meds were not working – type 2 diabetic. So I am looking for meal plans that will help me loose weight and help monitor the carbs.

Does the Low-Sugar choice mean you have low sugar (this was mentioned in the video) or you want to Lower the Sugar? There is a lot of fruit in my meal plan and my sugar level has been extra high because of the amount of extra fruit I would not normally eat.

Ossie-Sharon 9 years ago

Hi, user_mealplan_329159. This entire program is based on principles of the conditions you described. Just follow along, and you will be on the right track 🙂

user_mealplan_329159 9 years ago

I am a new member and I am a diabetic with a fatty liver. I need help on what to eat and lose weight. I have high blood pressure.

Ossie-Sharon 11 years ago

Hi, jborm1. See my response to macabeo below. The principles of the program and planner are based on diabetes health, so you should be fine. If you see something that worries you in your weekly menu, re-post here.

Hi, macabeo, and welcome. In the Menu Planner, choose from the foods in the lighter blue (healthier), pay attention to carbohydrates labeled “SWG” (sprouted whole grain) or 100% whole, and choose the leanest meats or vegan substitutes. You will see that most meals provide only about 45 grams of available carbs, and overall, only about 45% of energy is from carbs.

macabeo 11 years ago

I am a new member. I am 6’2” and 228lbs.
I am a type II diabetic.I use 20 units of Humalog before meals and 30 units of Lantus before going to bed.
What foods of those in the shopping list can I use and in what quantities.

jborm1 11 years ago

Forgot to Mention….I’m interested in weight loss. Thanks.

jborm1 11 years ago

I’m diabetic. My height is 5’8″, weight is 220lbs. Can you help me with a basic diabetic meal plan? Thanks.

Hi, Carmen. Most of the menus for women turn out to be about 200 gm of carbohydrates (<45% of energy). If you want to be sure about each meal please post your height, weight, weight goal (loss or maintenance), and I will give you a basic outline of your menu plan pattern.

Hi, Gwin. The beauty of the Menu Planner is that you can choose and avoid whatever you want. The thing about coumadin is that you can either choose to avoid foods high in vitamin K as long as you are on it, or you can just make sure that you have a steady intake of vitamin K so the doctor can manage your drug dose. The following is a link to a guide http://healthcare.utah.edu/thrombosis/patients/warfarin/WarfarinGuide_vitaminK.pdf

carmen1931 11 years ago

I also am just starting with my diabetic diet to limit my carbohydrates to 200 per day as my doctor has prescribed. I do not take insulin as yet, but test my glucose twice daily. I would like help with knowing how many carbs each meal I plan have. Can someone help me?

gwin 11 years ago

What if you are on coumadin; how do you treat that condition with all of the usage of vegetables? I’m not only diabetic *(2) but also have problems with blood clots so I am on the coumadin to thin my blood.

Mateos 11 years ago

Kudos TDC! I have only started replacing our old groceries with healthier, organic ones and I have tried some of the recipes. My glucose levels are already lower and stable. I can’t wait to get into full swing with the meal planner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.