Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Dec2057 6 years ago

I am a severe hypoglycemic and NOT a foodie (I hate cooking and never plan menus). I have no idea what I can eat and can’t. All the doctor said was high protein very low carb and no sugar. Is there is list of food that is protein (I can eat it) and a list that is absolutely not (I am not allowed to eat)? I thought I was going good eating lots of peas. I love peas but my doc says they are just carbohydrates and I am not allowed. I also have slowly gained weight with my hypoglycemia and hate that but don’t know how to get it gone. Before I would just drink water and eat soda crackers until the weight came off. If I tried that now, I would be passing out all the time. I need help. Did I do the right thing subscribing to the Trim Down Club or is there another source to get help for hypoglycemics? I am drowning here.

Ossie-Sharon 6 years ago

Hi, Smlindsay. The foods listed in the lighter blue shades in the Menu Planner food lists are the best.

Smlindsay 6 years ago

I am new to this club. How do I know if I’m choosing Foods that are best for a diabetic diet.

5109Fiona 7 years ago

Hi granmaraspbery, this diet is good for diabetics. I have type 2 and before I started this adventure I went to my Dr to talk about this and she was very happy with what she read, though she wants to keep an eye on me and wants me to my bloods tested every 12weeks.

5109Fiona 7 years ago

Hi granmaraspbery, this diet is good for diabetics. I have type 2 and before I started this adventure I went to my Dr to talk about this and she was very happy with what she read, though she wants to keep an eye on me and wants me to my blonds tested every 12weeks.

Grandmaraspberry 7 years ago

I am a diabetic . Type two. I’m on insulin and pills ( glypside x2 a day ) Before I start this diet I want to know if it’s right for me. Grandma raspberry

nicraw 7 years ago

I’m a diabetic, and am on quite a lot of medication, ive been on this eating plan for about 6 weeks, i lost a few pounds to start , but that has now stopped, this happens evey time i start a new program i was hoping this would be the best one i have tried , i love the food that was suggested to me, i’m going to keep going as i like the food. Thank you.

Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, healthybodynow. The program is definitely for diabetics. It is based on many of the same principles as the “diabetic diet” promoted by the American Diabetes Association.

healthybodynow 10 years ago

just needing to know would this program work for me and my diabetes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.