Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Ossie-Sharon 10 years ago

Hi, Cynthia. Helping users learn to eat normally after restrictive diets and maintain a healthy weight after loss is absolutely the goal of the TDC program. At some point on the weight loss portion of the diet, your weight will stabilize at a healthy BMI.
To substitute recipes, I suggest to just check recipes in the Menu Planner that are similar to what you want, and when they come up on your menu, swap them out for the recipe you will eat.
One of our future upgrades will be a feature that enables more flexible use of recipes.
If you want your menu patterns for weight loss and maintenance, just post here your height and weight, and I’ll get back to you.

cynthiaf 10 years ago

I’m not new to exercise, eating simple, fresh, nutritious foods, organic, no preservatives, meal planning and advanced prep. I just came to TDC to lose 35# and keep it off with portion size, regular eating pattern to reset my metabolism so I don’t gain weight AGAIN. I desperately want to just maintain a healthy STABLE weight. I’ve yo-yo dieted for many years before the last 2 1/2 of clean eating. Inflamation is thankfully long gone. Yet weight’s coming back. I know how to do starvation diets too well even with healthy foods. I don’t know how to eat normally even eating healthy food. Can I learn this on TDC?

Also, how do I substitute recipes in the daily meal planner to recipes from “Delights From Members”, or site new recipes, or modify my our healthy ones to fit the TDC? Can the site still prepare my shopping list with these substitutions? I don’t see portion or serving size in the recipes from members. How many Carbs, Proteins, Fats, Fruits, Vegs do I plan per day to lose 35 lbs? I see the system menus vary in these areas. I want to modify and substitute some of my healthy recipes. I have the nutrition facts already so I can plug them in or adjust. How many carbs, etc. to maintain after? I want this to be the last weight loss diet I do, but live long and healthy. Will TDC teach me how to maintain after? My body starts gaining when I stop the “restrictive/starvation” diets even eating only healthy food on a regular 5-6 daily meal schedule. My doctor doesn’t understand and just says eat less! If I just continue on TDC ongoing will I just keep losing or find my personal healthy weight somehow?

Hi, jrbrundage, and welcome. The list of fruits is under the “Snacks” tab. If you are familiar with the list, what is missing? I can add it to the list during the next upgrade.
To be sure you get your shake, I suggest you select one of the shakes in the Menu Planner list that is similar to yours (as a placeholder) and then swap it out; you can also use the shake to replace several other items that appear in the meal, i.e. fruit, milk. However, I would recommend that you be sure to get the other food groups in as well, i.e. if you have a starch or fat in the meal.

jrbrundage 10 years ago

I am new to this diet and wonder why there is not much for fruit option. i have a fruit smoothie every morning and i do not see how to include that in this diet.

Hi, Quillith, and welcome. The intention is for you to eat everything. It may seem like a lot if you have been on restrictive diets in the past. Our goal is gradual weight loss while meeting your nutritional needs, preventing hunger, and keeping your metabolism up.

Quillith 10 years ago

I’m new to the program and am wondering about the daily menu’s. Under each heading…Breakfast, snack, lunch etc.. Do you need to eat everything the system generates for you? That seems like a lot of food. Or do you make one selection?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.